Update markers when importing sample?

Started by Wurlit, November 03, 2014, 18:28:39

Previous topic - Next topic

Wurlit

Hi, i'm processing the samples of some IT and S3M tracks and i ran into an issue. I exported the .wav files and upsampled them at 16bit/96khz, since i know that the tracker doesn't support a higher bit depth. Having done with the cleaning and enhancing of the sounds, i tried to import them back into their IT/S3M files. The problem is that i want to leave the loop markers intact. Since after the import the markers reset, i had to copy their values so i could re-enter them, but doing so i see that now their position is different - due to the changed frequency. Is there a way to do this? Import a sample with another frequency and update the markers matching their first position in time? The images below illustrate the problem.

Before:

After:

Thanks for any input.

Saga Musix

The actual solution here would be to use
1) a sample editor that doesn't trash loop markers
2) try the latest OpenMPT test builds which have support for arbitrary resampling, powered by r8brain.
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

Wurlit