This is a journey

Started by kvint3, April 29, 2006, 15:59:51

Previous topic - Next topic

kvint3

Hello everybody...

I am searching for one special song.
It is sung there: "This is a journey into sound" or "What time is it?"
Song starts with drums and loud scream...
I am not sure if the song is also named "This is a journey"...
I heard that song for the last time in 1994 in a special TV channel that broadcast text informations and I think it was a MOD song.

If anyone know it or know if it is possible to download it from net, please let me know...
Thanks!
K3

LPChip

I have indeed heard it once (some time ago) and its either a .MOD or .S3M.

I don't think it was anything named "This is a journey" as this sample was from a tv serie/film.

However, I don't know its name. If I ever find it, I'll let you know
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs

speed-goddamn-focus

I think "This is a journey into sound" and "What time is it?" were very common samples back in those days, perhaps even used on the ST-XX sample discs. They were alaso used in a couple of commercial songs.

MisterX

I know I have the song in question, and I believe that LP is correct in that it was a MOD or S3M file.  I just looked through the "S" folder of my collection, figuring that would be the best bet, but no avail.  I'll let you know if I find it.

S-G-F is also correct that many songs used the samples, but there was one MOD in particular that used it right at the outset, and had "Somebody Scream", "What Time Is It?" and several other played-out samples just for good measure. ;)
-Mister X aka Kim-
StudioKraft
===========================
I am happy to be born when I was - at least I caught the tail end of freedom.

Squirrel Havoc

Call me crazy, but didn't Atlantis make this song? Cuz I know I have it too, or atleast I've heard it before.
Anyone can do anything if they have nothing else to do
-
Most musicians are talented. I'm just determined.

LPChip

Quote from: "Squirrel Havoc"Call me crazy, but didn't Atlantis make this song? Cuz I know I have it too, or atleast I've heard it before.

You are crazy! :P

No Atlantis haven't made a song with this. I recently listened to his work again, and there's nothing like that that I can recall being there. Perhaps its in a song I don't have from him, but I strongly doubt that...

If my memory serves me well, this song was a ballad kind of songs, like they usually were those days. It starts with some funky intro with this line, then moves over to a complete different style. But maybe I have a different song in my mind.

Anyway, I've put all these old songs in a playlist listening to them. If I hear the song I think it is, I'll provide the name so a search is more easier.
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs

Squirrel Havoc

Ok, I'm zooming through every mod I have, but I dont have that many so I doubt I still have it. If i find it, I will post a link

EDIT: I Went through all my non-IT files at warp speed, but no luck
Anyone can do anything if they have nothing else to do
-
Most musicians are talented. I'm just determined.

kvint3

Ok, so if you all find a link, please paste it here...I havent found it on the net...only other versions..thnx

Waxhead

kvint3: I know I have heard a MOD who starts with a scream or a large drum and "this is a journey into sound" - I scanned most of my mod - but I can't find it. :(
btw: What kind of style is it? - I think the version I have is some kind of hardcore / tecno - I really can't remember!

kvint3

Well, I still have it in my ears, but I cant say its techo or hardcore...I would describe it as a normal electronic song...starts with bass drum and closed hi-hat, 2 measures in 4/4 time signature, and then comes that scream, something like "UGHA" and right after that comes "This is a journey into sound".. :)

MisterX

-Mister X aka Kim-
StudioKraft
===========================
I am happy to be born when I was - at least I caught the tail end of freedom.

kvint3

Quote from: "MisterX"Close, but no cigar:

http://www.modarchive.com/cgi-bin/download.cgi/M/microjam.mod
http://www.modarchive.com/cgi-bin/download.cgi/T/thisis.mod.zip

I give up. :(

:)  I heard this too, but unfortunately none of that...

LPChip

Still going though my songs, and its not one of the above ones. I actually think I have the one you're after, but no false hopes yet... let me first find that track.

LPChip

I found a song called Fresh House, which meets this description.

It starts with a 4/4 drumpattern with a rapid hihat for 2 measures.

Then a voice almost screaming says U got it (sounds like UGHA) and then This is a journey into sound.

There's also a voice saying: Hey kids, what time is it...

Is this the one you're after? Its kinda an old house song with these typical '90 piano's.

http://www.modarchive.com/cgi-bin/download.cgi/F/freshous.mod

kvint3

YES!
But, this is another version of it. In that version that I remember were used a little bit different samples, but very simmilar. The form of it is also the same. So its named freshous...I will try to do some other searches for the version that I remember.
Thank you very much LP, I thought it is impossible to find it... :D  :D  :D