I need help getting Gravis UltraSound to work

Started by Kitsune_Phoenix, June 18, 2014, 12:07:30

Previous topic - Next topic

Kitsune_Phoenix

A few days ago, I downloaded Tyrian 2000 from GOG games, and this morning I downloaded some Gravis Ultrasound drivers. However, I can't get them to work, no matter which instructions I follow. I tried the DOSBox wiki, I tried VOGONS, and I tried dosgames.com.

None of the instructions I find work; when I launch the Tyrian setup and try to select Gravis, it tells me that I do not have the Gravis drivers installed. Even though I downloaded them, AND followed the instructions on the websites.

I can't even tell IF I am even following the instructions on VOGONS correctly because none of the images work. Somebody please help me out... I am tired of being stuck with FM Sound and MIDI 330H.

Saga Musix

Actually, the Tyrian soundtrack was composed for the OPL chip, so while you might be tired of it, it's the way the game is meant to be played. :) To the best of my knowledge, the Tyrian soundtrack has no special GUS version, so I don't even think the GUS version will sound much different from MIDI output, it's just a different set of samples.
Best place to ask really would be the DOSBox forum at Vogons, since these people surely should know. The last time I played Tyrian was on an AWE64 soundcard and it just worked there. :P
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.