Problem with automaticallya adjusting volume

Started by thepixelgrden, April 28, 2014, 19:18:23

Previous topic - Next topic

thepixelgrden

The Playback tab gives me 2 sound devices to choose from. One is "Speakers/HP" (has a green check-mark icon), the other is "Communications Headphones" (has a green phone icon).

Choosing the properties of the "speakers/HP" one gives me the tabs "General", "Levels", "Tone Controls" and "Advanced".

General = enable/disable the device, as well as a properties button for the IDT High Definition Audio CODEC (tabs are "General", "Driver", Details" and "Events")
Levels = basic volume control
Tone Controls = volume of bass & treble
Advanced = quality of sound, and something called "Exclusive mode". There are two boxes, both checked. One says "Allow applications to take exclusive control of this device", and the other says "Give exclusive mode applications priority.

The "Communication Headphones", has all the same tabs except for "Tone controls".

LPChip

These settings seems fine.

The only thing I can think of now is that there is a setting somewhere in the IDT High Definition Audio CODEC driver software that has an SVM or Smart Volume Monitor, or normalize, or whatever it is called setting.
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs

thepixelgrden

Yeah, that's what I'm guessing as well. Only I can't find that setting, and I feel like I've looked everywhere!

thepixelgrden

Just wanted to give a quick update. I uninstalled/re-installed the IDT audio driver, and that seemed to fix the problem. Thank you guys so much for working with me.  :)

LPChip

You're welcome. And thanks for the update. :)
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs