What are you're favorite video game tracks?

Started by FreezeFlame(Alchemy), February 28, 2014, 18:50:15

Previous topic - Next topic

FreezeFlame(Alchemy)

Whenever some game contains pretty good gameplay or even an entertaining/romantic/epic/... story, theres always the music that plays in the background. Some of the tracks may be either sad, happy, or even mixed.

Gentleman, ladies and old geezers, do you mind sharing some of you're most memorable video game tracks in this topic?
Posting an link to where to listen to the track would be really great :).
Blue Flames of the Night.

Was known as Alchemy before(with an Dialga picture).

FreezeFlame(Alchemy)

Mine is the final boss the of 'Mario and Luigi : Dream Team'.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Elb6A7iT6P0

It sounds like an pure eargasm. So many instruments, and yet, they unite so beautifully.
Plus, parts of the past final boss themes of the game series (Superstar Saga, Partners of Time, Bowser's Inside Story) can be heard.

And the second section of Thwomp Mountain in 'Mario and Luigi : Partners of Time'.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6t7LEEd4dpU&list=PL04785E01CEED54A0

Pure epicness. And the most fitting moment of the whole game.
Can't truly believe that this is an indutrial remix of the Thwomp Mountain theme.

Originaly, i played 'Kingdom Hearts : Chain of Memories' for the GBA (Game Boy Advance), but found this track to truly remind me of all that trouble of completing the game (fourth battle against that ridiculious spammer of Dark Aura, and Marluxia who's basicaly an grim raper, but in my experience worse.)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=76lkP2UOnrs&list=FLXMpSr8eQgWqyUCOl4ev1cA

Hope and hopelesness in one with glimmers of sadness. Truly fitting for that peculiar moment when you're fighting something truly powerful (he's truly an hard boss in the GBA version) but at the same time question the things that are hapenned in the game.

side note: Spiced up the list since i was when i made this topic in an hurry :).
Blue Flames of the Night.

Was known as Alchemy before(with an Dialga picture).

LPChip

I've recently started to play SpaceChem after getting it for 1,50E in a bundlestars package, and the music is absolutely stunning. I fell in love with the music almost instantly.

I found a video that shows what the game is about and it plays one of the tracks for about 2 minutes. Not the entire track unfortunately, but all other videos seem to have some kind of chatter in them.

Here's at least a good video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gk8JwvtVs38

EDIT: oh cool I found videos with just the music!
Working
Under Construction
A new world
Some Elements
Some Calm
Opening
Finale
Discovery
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs

Voltrom

Saga Musix

Too many good tunes to remember and list them all. Among my all-time favourites are:
- Pinball Fantasies intro (Steelchambers2)
- Deus Ex soundtrack (e.g. Hong Kong Streets, DuClare Chateau)
- The entire FEZ soundtrack
- Bejeweled 2 Soundtrack
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

Mr.Eagle

Well, I play computer games since I got my first computer around 1979/80 (TI 99/4). And as you can imagine, I played MANY games (hundreds, perhaps thousands).
Interestingly, there were just relatively few games that could inspire me with their music:

C64:
Commando (Rob Hubbard)
To be on Top (Chris Hülsbeck)
BMX Kidz (Rob Hubbard, Jori Olkkonen)
Hawkeye (Jeroen Tel)
Skate or Die! (Rob Hubbard) <-- Man, I loved those "guitar powerchords"... ;)
The Great Giana Sisters (Chris Hülsbeck)

Amiga:
Agony (Jeroen Tel)
Shadow of the Beast (David Whittaker)
Pinball Dreams (Olof Gustafsson)
Turrican II: The Final Fight - Intro (Chris Hülsbeck) <-- Even today one of my favourites...
Turrican II: Freedom - Outro (Chis Hülsbeck) <-- I still get a shiver when I hear this tune...

PSX:
Driver - Theme Song (Allister Brimble)
Tomb Raider - Theme Song (artist unknown)
Tekken 2 - Intro (artist unknown)

PC:
The Elder Scrolls IV - Oblivion (Jeremy Soule) <-- I love the complete soundtrack, not just a single song. BTW: Oblivion was the only game, where I just stood around in the landscape and listened to the beautiful music...
Assassins Creed II (Jesper Kyd) <-- Again a complete soundtrack, not just a single song...
Two Worlds - Play the Game (Harold Faltermeyer)
sorry for my bad English