Is there an video and audio converting program for free?

Started by FreezeFlame(Alchemy), February 02, 2014, 18:25:41

Previous topic - Next topic

FreezeFlame(Alchemy)

Seriously, i just wish to have an free(free with free to use and not having to pay anything for it) video and audio converting program that can convert open source video/audio files (MJPEG, Xivd, Vorbis, ... to OGG Theora, VP3, FLAC, Monkey's Audio, Lagarith, ...).

But please, no free trial, shareware, free to try hokuspokus. There's just to much of it.
Blue Flames of the Night.

Was known as Alchemy before(with an Dialga picture).

Saga Musix

Handbrake is a free and open-source video transcoder. For audio formats, most of them provide simple command-line tools or lamedrop-like interfaces. Just visit the official distribution sites or something like rarewares.
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

LPChip

"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs

FreezeFlame(Alchemy)

I find Handbrake better, even when TAudioConverter has more to offer.
Plus, TAudioConverter has an stupid bug (try to do some changes in what is shall convert, and it says that some error happened, everytime), or am i doing something wrong?

Thanks anyway. There hell to find Online (all i see is Free Trial stuff). But may i ask something?

Saga Musix, you mentioned those command-line execution tools. I've been trying to get them to run, but how can i do that?

Saga Musix

Quote from: FreezeFlame(Alchemy) on February 02, 2014, 20:32:09
Saga Musix, you mentioned those command-line execution tools. I've been trying to get them to run, but how can i do that?
I really can't tell you more than to read the output of the command line program when not passing any parameters. Usually you'll get a list of supported parameters when doing so.
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

Exhale

Try VLC, I've done a bit of video encoding with it and it's free.

FreezeFlame(Alchemy)

I used VLC for awhile, but letting it convert media files is troublesome (i used it originaly for converting AAC files to FLAC, didnt knew it could handle converting Video files, or does it not support converting videos to different formats :-\?).

Anyway. i'll stick with Handbrake.

Thanks for the sugestions thou :).