Where can i listen and get Sam Zens modules and music?

Started by FreezeFlame(Alchemy), January 22, 2014, 22:25:57

Previous topic - Next topic

FreezeFlame(Alchemy)

Every link to the songs he distributed is dead. I wish to listen to them alot, since i never got the chance to.
And put them in an collection of module compositions of awesome tracks made with music trackers.

Does anyone know where his tracks of MODs and XMs are now? Or where to listen to his music atleast?

Edited typo.
Blue Flames of the Night.

Was known as Alchemy before(with an Dialga picture).

Saga Musix

All I can say is that the links to his non-tracked works are still functional, but the "plainmods" folder on that server where his music resides seems to be gone, and it's not contained in Luigi Verona's backup of his other site, too.
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

LPChip

"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs

Saga Musix

» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

LPChip

"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs

KrazyKatz

I think we should make an effort to locating as much as we can and preserving it. Ideally anyone who has any of his pieces could place a link in this thread and we can dedicate a location for them. What's your thoughts Admins?
Sonic Brilliance Studios
http://www.sonicbrilliance.com

rncekel

I have at my PC 10 ogg files I don't find in the link mentioned, and 1 mod called "The 4 seas" (De Vierde Zeeen, is the title inside the mod file). Probably some other people will have these, as I downloaded them some years ago (between 2005 and 2009) from here. Unfortunately, I didn't take notes of suchs things as title, date, and so on.

Harbinger

I have several of his works (in either OGG or MP3) on my HD if anyone wants to set up an archive site...

Boy, that part of my creativity has a dead spot. I really miss his influence. :'(

FreezeFlame(Alchemy)

I personaly regret not noticing OpenMPT earlier :(. But i will try my luck finding some of his music tracks on the net if i have time and find an source (that has his MOD and XM files).

Any other ideas outside the archive one guys?
Blue Flames of the Night.

Was known as Alchemy before(with an Dialga picture).

Saga Musix

I dropped all the stuff by Sam that I could find in my music archive here (not meant as a permanent storage, so grab it while it's hot). It's all stuff that he posted here on the forums, and most of these posts (if not all) were 404.

Harbinger

I used the instructions at the top of the page to open the FTP in Windows. Can i add my collection of Sam Zen's songs in this window? (i'm at work -- i didn't bring anything with me)

Saga Musix

apple-joe

I downloaded some of his tracks several years ago, both .ogg and .mod. I'll see what I can find in the modplug folder on my external hd.

apple-joe

OK, on my external hard drive I found 40 .mod, 22 .xm and 39 .ogg files, as well as one .s3m and one .it. Not sure how many you've already collected in total?