Selection auto-jumps after step entry; toggle off?

Started by Harbinger, April 24, 2006, 12:14:51

Previous topic - Next topic

Harbinger

I love 2.42, but this version has a feature that i'd like to turn off.

:?: When i step-record a note into the channel, it plants it there and then moves the "cursor" (the selection field) up 8 rows, ready for the next entry. I couldn't find how turn this off, so that i can move the selection field manually with the navigation keys.

Anyone know? Or at least can i change the number of rows it jumps?

LPChip

Quote from: "Harbinger"I love 2.42, but this version has a feature that i'd like to turn off.

:?: When i step-record a note into the channel, it plants it there and then moves the "cursor" (the selection field) up 8 rows, ready for the next entry. I couldn't find how turn this off, so that i can move the selection field manually with the navigation keys.

Anyone know? Or at least can i change the number of rows it jumps?

If you mean the step counter, change row spacing to 1 (next to the pattern name)

This might be a bug bytheway, cus I get the feeling it always is set to a "fixed" value. at my end, i always get 2 when i launch mpt. I have to dig more into this and issue a bug request.
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs

Sam_Zen

The step counter is indeed a quite vague one. I got the impression that the latest value saved is reproduced but I'm not sure.

Harbinger

That works. Thanks, LChip! I could never figure out what that "row spacing" was for. It's like a note chooser in a score application -- quarter note, whole note, no note, etc.