Are there any free video editors/capture programms?

Started by FreezeFlame(Alchemy), October 01, 2013, 14:59:56

Previous topic - Next topic

FreezeFlame(Alchemy)

Must be Royalty Free and contain an license that allows commertional distribution of the edited/captured video's.

Thanks for reading,and please post an link,if it is to much to ask.
Blue Flames of the Night.

Was known as Alchemy before(with an Dialga picture).

LPChip

As far as I'm aware there are none.

I would save money to buy one if you want to make profit from your videos anyway.
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs

Saga Musix

Wrong answer. For pretty much all commercial software there is a free alternative available. Maybe not always having the same functionality or number of features, but more often than not, this is completely irrelevant.
Would you also recommend people to use Cubase for commercial projects instead of OpenMPT because it costs money? No? Thought so. Free software is also used by professionals.

Regarding capturing, it heavily depends on what you want to capture. If it's a desktop environment, use Camstudio. For full-screen applications such as games, there's also at least one free alternative to Fraps but I can't recall the name (Google will help).
For basic editing, there is VirtualDub which doesn't offer much on first sight but does a great job at what it does. If you need fancy transitions and such that's not possible out of the box, but for simple cutting, it does the job perfectly. For transitions and the like I've used a nice video editor on Linux a few years ago, can't remember the name again.
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

FreezeFlame(Alchemy)

Regarding capturing, it heavily depends on what you want to capture. If it's a desktop environment, use Camstudio. For full-screen applications such as games, there's also at least one free alternative to Fraps but I can't recall the name (Google will help).
For basic editing, there is VirtualDub which doesn't offer much on first sight but does a great job at what it does. If you need fancy transitions and such that's not possible out of the box, but for simple cutting, it does the job perfectly. For transitions and the like I've used a nice video editor on Linux a few years ago, can't remember the name again.

I tried Camstudio...the computer crashed several times when chosing specific commands. Never...using...it...again.
VirtualDub is better.The editing is harder then in Windows Movie Maker,but there are manuals,so that program might be of use for captures and editing.

But Saga Musix,or Jojo(shall i call you by that nickname),im not an complete game nerd.I do other stuff then game all day.There merely my inspiration,and reason why i listen to music and wish to compose.Nothing more.

QuoteWrong answer. For pretty much all commercial software there is a free alternative available. Maybe not always having the same functionality or number of features, but more often than not, this is completely irrelevant.
Would you also recommend people to use Cubase for commercial projects instead of OpenMPT because it costs money? No? Thought so. Free software is also used by professionals.
Aren't you and LPChip the best of pals ;D?

BTW,Free software can be good as commercial ones.I at some point wanted to buy Reaper (Commercial MIDI sequencer),but found an free alternative(PianoRollComposer).
I still hovewer wish to get the commercial version of Reaper,even if it costs two high class Acoustic Guitars.
Blue Flames of the Night.

Was known as Alchemy before(with an Dialga picture).

Saga Musix

Quote from: FreezeFlame(Alchemy) on October 03, 2013, 20:33:39
I tried Camstudio...the computer crashed several times when chosing specific commands. Never...using...it...again.
Err, it's pretty much impossible for an user-mode program to crash (bluescreen) a modern Windows system. If it did so, it might have been a driver issue.
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.