Weird Dream

Started by Really Weird Person, April 21, 2006, 12:30:20

Previous topic - Next topic

Really Weird Person

What is the weirdest dream that any of you have ever dreamt? Mine happened in my house. Here it goes.

I dreamt that I went through a normal school day, but it was not exactly normal (This has nothing to do with live jokers, or jokers @ all)! I was deaf (meaning that I could not hear). I was, however, still able to communicate to people via a tablet PC that I carried around with me. I wrote what I wanted to say in a Word document, then write a message telling who I was talking to how to use the tablet PC & how to do the writing. After that, they would write their responce on the screen & I would be able to see it. I skipped choir (my 1st period every Monday, Wednesday, & Friday) due to the fact that I could not sing very well most likely. The same thing was true after school @ the Youth Center. Once I got home, though, my day became normal again & I could hear stuff again! Like I said before, it was a really strange dream. Wouldn't you agree?

Squirrel Havoc

Does anyone else think that this is the kind of thing I would be asking?

You will have to give me a bit to think of the weirdest dream, last nights was unusual for me (it involved mass amounts of strippers (no, im not joking)), but I will let you know when I think of it.
Anyone can do anything if they have nothing else to do
-
Most musicians are talented. I'm just determined.

Really Weird Person

That definately sounds weird.

Snu

i have only remembered three dreams in my life to chose from... but the weirdest is definitely worthy of such a topic...

it started out in a living room, i was talking with a couple people when a 747 crashed through the roof, and slid out across the yard. when i saw this, i jumped into a motor boat, and chased after it. i caught up to it and jumped onto the tail, and thats as far as i remember.

i really wish i remembered more dreams, i love surreal stuff like that and they could be quite an inspiration...

DavidN

I had a fantastic surreal dream recently, which I chronicled in my LJ.

"It began as a trip to America - My fiancee and I were in the Ford Fiesta, driving towards a harbour of some sort and parking the car on the ferry. (I didn't park in the right place, so I had to move the car about a bit by hand to get it aligned with the rest of them). Once on, we realised we didn't know if we were on the right one. The parking attendant, who was Dave Gorman for some reason, told us that this was the only ferry leaving St Andrews today, so we were definitely in the right place.

My family were coming over on a separate journey, and [info]quadralien had to spend two hours at the police station because he didn't have the right forms to let him into the country. This is probably a spillover from real life, when on the last two plane trips we've taken, he's first been mistaken for a terrorist and possessing dangerous glasses, and the other time when the staff thought he was likely to go on a murderous rampage with a pair of blunt scissors in the medicine bag.

Once in some anonymous place in America, we were wandering around a marketplace (I think Chris Tarrant featured here somehow, but I'm not sure), but something was wrong with it and I had to go into the source code and recode it in LISP. The reason for this is that yesterday I had been watching my project supervisor write a Sudoku solver in it, complete with another lecturer winding him up and adding in little comments like "Tom is great, isn't he" when he wasn't looking. Once the marketplace was fixed, I tested the code by buying a can of Orangina from a Chinese man at the side.

For the journey back, we were all on a small plane instead (I can't think what happened to the car). Just before take-off, an announcement came over the speakers - "We're going to have to go through a herd of cows, and none of us have ever done this before, so hang on tight." With no further warning, the plane accelerated towards take-off, and we held on as we were buffeted about by the cows being hit by the front of the plane, bits of leather and mince flying off in all directions.

After clearing the herd, we took off and circled for a little, observing the cow-related carnage below as the passengers applauded. Then we were on our way back home.

I'm sure it's things like this that got Salvador Dali started."

And it prompted the comment "If coding is a significant feature in your dreams, something is wrong."

Squirrel Havoc

Sounds like you have had problems at our airports? If so, don't take it personally, its not your race or nationality, it happens to all of us here. You would be surprised at what people have used to weapons before, so they have to be suspicious of everything.
-

DavidN

I haven't had any huge problems at American airports - the only time when I was genuinely worried at any airport was when I was flying out of London and they took my laptop for inspection (which happens to have the most suspicious-looking keyboard in the world, as detailed in the Keyboards thread). I did get it back, though.

Really Weird Person

Those dreams definitely sound weird.

Squirrel Havoc

I just remembered a dream that is weird, but probably not the weirdest. It was also my only recurring dream (had it 17 times, exactly the same every time).

I was walking with my best friend from Jr High school (this was back when I was still in school), and we past my favorite shop "Shirts and things", which sold t-shirts, and accesories for us punk rockers. I told him to wait outside a minute, I was gonna look around. Soooooo I go in, and its nothing but lingerie, and the employees are all female wearing more. I walk around thinking "is this the right place"? this place was about 2 times wider than a standard hall, it was thin. So I walk down and see one girl helping another. I feel like im sinking, so I look down and see I am standing in a sandbox full of quicksand. I try to move but I can't. When I look up, I see a full length mirror, and guess what? I'm a freakin woman! I start freaking out because Im a woman and I cant move and stuff, and I look around and everyone freaks and runs out of the store, except for the girl helping the other girl, she comes over to me all slow and smiling, and I finally get free. I run outside and my friend is out there and I go "Steve, what the hell is going on?!" and he looks at me and runs away screaming...

Then I wake up. Needless to say my mental illness was not being treated yet back then. And no, I don't swing that way, it's just a dream. I hope I havent freaked you out too much (and sorry for the run-on sentences, its a bad habit I can't break).

Lets see someone top THAT one!
-

rncekel

When I was studying at the University, I had many times the same weird dream, with small changes from time to time. It was that I found an inexistent door at my home, and decided to cross it. By this door, I entered in another flat, seemingly empty, but with signs of living, and I felt curious about the persons who were living there. So, after a while, I became lost, and try to find my way back home. Every time, finally I found a closed door and try to open it. And then, at the other side of the door, I saw an old mad man pushing the door to prevent anyone to enter in his room. The dream always ended with a scream and the recognition that the old man was just me.

DavidN

That sounds like something out of Silent Hill 4. I always had nightmares after playing those games.