mousewheel.

Started by sso, August 05, 2013, 02:38:17

Previous topic - Next topic

sso

would it be possible to use the mousewheel as a modwheel when you are in record mode and playing?

Saga Musix

Huh? I know what a mod wheel is on Synths, but... in OpenMPT? What should it do?
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

LPChip

I think sso wants to use his mousewheel as a controller to record and change modwheel parameters.

Like, when you roll the mousewheel an assigned plugin's modwheel is changed, so you can record that in your pattern.
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs

Harbinger

That's actually an interesting FR. I don't know how universal the avg user would find it, but we'd somehow hafta to find a way to work around the mousewheel "teeth". When you move the mouse wheel it's not very fluid; i'd rather use the actual mouse as a recordable controller. In either case, i'm sure if the devs can find an easy way to handle it, they'll give us a test... 8)

LPChip

Different mouses come in different shapes. I have had many mouses with a very big mousewheel teeth, so to speak, but also got those (now in fact) where it nearly has none. And I once had one where I could press a button on the back side to entirely disable the mousewheel's teeth. It would allow me to scroll one webpage top to bottom in just one swipe. (which is what it was designed for). The teeth were only for gaming mode.
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs

sso

yes, sorry guys for being unclear, it was a very late night thought. :)

but you got the general idea i see.

just a thought really.