Vertically Flipping Patterns

Started by plunK, May 27, 2013, 06:17:59

Previous topic - Next topic

plunK

As a curious musical experimenter, I was wondering how it might sound to hear a song played backwards. That said I don't want the typical sound you get if I were to say reverse the wave file in Audacity. I'm looking for a way I could vertically flip patterns such that I could play the notes of the song backwards while having the samples remain forwards, WITHOUT manually retracking the song. Any ideas?

LPChip

That is currently not possible to do easily.

You can write a script that reverses the patterndata becaues the patterndata is plain text. You would copy/paste the pattern data, then reverse the notes and keep effects updated, but then you still have to copy/paste each pattern into your script.
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs

Saga Musix

As LPChip says, writing a script to do this would be a fairly trivial (if you are a programmer). When OpenMPT gets some scripting functionality of its own at some point, this would be a good candidate for an example script to ship with the application.
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.