Play all notes in a row during note probing.

Started by real-comp-master, February 20, 2013, 20:49:23

Previous topic - Next topic

real-comp-master

I want to hear all notes in a row during note probing. How is it done? :)
I want to hear all notes in a row during note recording (row spacing enabled). How is it done?  :)
I want pattern to play with designated speed and from current position when i press Ctrl+Enter. How is it done?  :)

Channel selector didn't help.  :)

I storngly recommend you to watch and listen to the demoscene of zx-spectrum.
You will hear what amazing music folk homebrew because of CONVENIENCE of interaction, and not because they had super-duper ultrafast computers with gigs of ram. And all that was done using just 3 sound channels.
I with much better pleasure listen that music, than what one often may find in it/mod format (including demo song in openMPT).

Saga Musix

Find the "Play Row" shortcut in the keyboard setup and assign a key to it. You may also enable "Play whole row while recording" in the General options.

QuoteI storngly recommend you to watch and listen to the demoscene of zx-spectrum.
Just because you can't find the options you need, you don't have to bash the software and compare example songs to things you have heard on the Speccy. People may have made better tunes than what OpenMPT's examples provide (which is entirely a matter of taste), but my selection of example tunes is also based on a lot more than just my favourite music. Listening to Speccy music certainly won't improve OpenMPT.
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

real-comp-master

Quote from: Saga Musix on February 20, 2013, 21:35:45
Find the "Play Row" shortcut in the keyboard setup and assign a key to it. You may also enable "Play whole row while recording" in the General options.

This time you brought some tossle to the muscle!
I can even choose channels to play!

Quote from: Saga Musix on February 20, 2013, 21:35:45
Just because you can't find the options you need, you don't have to bash the software and compare example songs to things you have heard on the Speccy. People may have made better tunes than what OpenMPT's examples provide (which is entirely a matter of taste), but my selection of example tunes is also based on a lot more than just my favourite music. Listening to Speccy music certainly won't improve OpenMPT.

Software needs enhacement.
I will not agree about "only matter of taste". It is matter of SKILL. And the skill is matter of TOOL.
Less channels, more expression.
And yes, Listening to Speccy music WILL certainly improve OpenMPT, if developers will spent some time learning how to work (write music) in FT 1.0 on speccy. Riffs are made within 3 minutes, songs withing 20 minutes.
Very simple examples are given here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=45mYoi3b0cw
(start with 1:00).