Removing instruments

Started by sso, January 31, 2013, 09:28:05

Previous topic - Next topic

sso

how can i delete instruments or samples from a song?

lets say i decided on not using some melody ive previously had throughout the song, normally i just lower the volume to zero, because i cant see a way to just delete the instrument and the notes.

any way?

btw, why cant i use pitch and filter at the same time and draw envelopes for both?

Edit by moderator: Changed topic to be more helpful

Saga Musix

You could use Find/Replace with "Find: Instrument x" and "Replace: Note: None, Instrument: None, Volume Effect: None, Effect: None". Generally there is no way to perfectly achieve this, since notes can also be placed in a pattern with no instrument number next to them, and in that case there is no way to figure out if an instrument-less note belongs to a certain instrument (for example, it could be the first note in the pattern, or there could be a pattern jump from another pattern pointing to this note).
Or, if you keep your tracks somewhat organized, the best way is of course to put every instrument in a different channel, so you can simply remove the channel that holds your instrument. That way, you also get rid of any events "between" two notes.

btw, why cant i use pitch and filter at the same time and draw envelopes for both?
Historical reasons. Ask Jeff Lim. ;)
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

sso

ah history. :)

thank you for this, that is of some use.