Sample plays back slowly

Started by mojoTek, April 14, 2006, 17:46:56

Previous topic - Next topic

mojoTek

Hi - I'm new to tracking\modplug and I have a question.

I've created a sequence and saved it out as a wav.
I then loaded that wav back in as a sample.

The sample sounds fine when previewed in the sample and instrument tabs but when I play the sample from a new sequence it plays very slowly.

Anyone here know what's causing this?

thanks

Squirrel Havoc

dumb question here, but are you sure you arent playing it back using a low note, like F-3 or something? Also, what format is it in? MPT doesnt support samples of 24/32bit or 96Khz, even though it can export the song as that format.

EDIT: If that doesn't help, can you post a link to the song so we can take a look at it?
Anyone can do anything if they have nothing else to do
-
Most musicians are talented. I'm just determined.

mojoTek

:oops: Thanks for the response.  It was the note.  I was using C-4.  It sounds fine at C-5.

Squirrel Havoc

Thats one thing that should be documented, some programs sample at C-4, or tune imported samples to C-4, but MPT uses C-5 as normal playback.
Anyone can do anything if they have nothing else to do
-
Most musicians are talented. I'm just determined.

fisk0

Quote from: "Squirrel Havoc"Thats one thing that should be documented, some programs sample at C-4, or tune imported samples to C-4, but MPT uses C-5 as normal playback.

Related, but perhaps not on topic, is that it seems like MPT/OpenMPT can't handle the same extreme pitches that you could do in FastTracker.
I have some really old (and really bad) FT2 songs with notes in E-9 and such, but it seems like MPT plays all E-9, G-9, B-9 as C-8, and just can't pitch them higher than that.

Dj Cruk CHIKIN

I think it's because of the transpose that limits the sample pitch/note and how many lengths the sample has in it. say you downsample something about 5 times, then highlight it and up sample it 5 times or something like that, the sample gets messed up. :?
Eat... Its good for you.