[Synthpop Ballad] Daydreams (it/ogg)

Started by Saga Musix, December 31, 2012, 17:18:58

Previous topic - Next topic

Saga Musix

A melancholic and dreamy synthpop ballad which won the tracked music compo at tUM 2012. I'm quite proud of this track and I like it a lot. The compo version fits into 1.38mb, but this is the full quality, no-compromise version for you to enjoy.

http://sagamusix.de/download/daydreams/
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

Harbinger

Notes as i'm listening:

A track you might hear on your local Smooth Jazz station, altho this song has a little more of a rock drum track. The motifs and melodic lines are very sweet if not wistful, and the chord progressions keep things moving along, only occasionally resting in a repetition. The instruments maybe leave a little desired, but the ones that are used are very well set off to their own sections or points in space. Download and put this in your chillout playlist.

Saga Musix

Thanks for the listen!
QuoteThe instruments maybe leave a little desired
Which ones in particular?
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

mrvegas

Just got around to listening to this and the Sunshine at the Beach song.  Both really good.  This one in particular has a real professional sheen to it.  Are you just using the master track of MPT for compression, limiting, etc., or do you process the audio file separately when you're done?

Anyway, sounds great.  I think your music consistently demonstrates how powerful MPT has actually become.

Saga Musix

There is no compression, limiting or whatever involved with this tune. The ogg file is just a direct render of the IT file, which doesn't use any MPT hacks.