question regarding issue tracker

Started by moltres_rider, December 01, 2012, 13:01:05

Previous topic - Next topic

moltres_rider

what does the issue status 'acknowledged' actually mean technical wise??? meaning what is actually going on with the dev team regarding issues that have the status 'acknowledged'

Saga Musix

It doesn't really mean anything, I am not using that status anymore. Consider it to be the same as "new". No, splitting patterns won't be there in the next version, even if you need it so much and it is the most important feature to you (apart from perfect MIDI import, of course!). Don't even ask.
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

LPChip

Normally, the status means: it has been confirmed by the dev that the problem exists, as in: they can reproduce it. It is only useful if there is a big load of new bugs, so there can be made a distinction between bugs that have been seen and bugs that haven't been seen yet.

As Saga Musix points out, the workflow doesn't really require this, thus this is not being used anymore.
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs