Midi Off, and not the kind where you have a keyboard

Started by vince94, November 08, 2012, 00:13:43

Previous topic - Next topic

vince94

Hi!
I am making a song with a looped sample, and normally if I want a note to stop playing before the next one comes along, I put in a volume 00 command, but when you export as MIDI, you get really long notes because the volume commands don't export. I remember seeing other people use a "Note Off" note which you can put in with the equals sign to cut off notes early, but when I do that it doesn't work. The note keeps going as if it wasn't there.
Am I doing the wrong thing?

Saga Musix

» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

vince94

Thanks a lot!
The wiki article says that the ^^ event stops all notes of the playing VSTi and sends MIDI All Notes Off (use with care).
Does this mean that ALL of the samples will stop? Also, what key is it on the keyboard?

Saga Musix

Quote from: vincekye on November 08, 2012, 00:26:31
The wiki article says that the ^^ event stops all notes of the playing VSTi and sends MIDI All Notes Off (use with care).
It says that in the VSTi column. You are using samples. You should look in the sample column of that table to see what is done to samples!
Also, you will have to look in the keyboard configuration to see what key this command is bound to on your setup. Simply type in "Note Cut" into the "Find" edit box to quickly locate the key. Another (albeit slow) way is to double-click the pattern cell where you want to put the note cut into, and select it from the note dropdown list.
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

vince94

Whoops, sorry about not reading everything.
It was the ` key, which is probably the default.
Thanks again!