EWQL SPACES reverb preset does not load and pop/clicks in wet render

Started by Jedinhopy, October 26, 2012, 20:40:43

Previous topic - Next topic

Jedinhopy

This is the East West Quantum Leap Spaces reverb vst plugin.
I can insert the plugin succesfully to all channels.
And then when i render the song to wav. I get pop/clicks.
And i have set Creative ASIO in OPENMPT v1.19.04.00
Buffer length 75ms.
Mixing Quality 44100 Hz
Stereo, 32 Bit
Enable SSE acceleration is enabled.

When i save the OpenMPT project and reopen it.
The reverb preset is not loaded and/or my parameter tweaks never gets saved in the:
Module1.mptm

Saga Musix

First off, we don't give support for old versions of OpenMPT. OpenMPT 1.19.04.00 is one year old. You should first try the most recent version.

It's hard to give support for commercial plugins, but I have an idea where those clicks could come from. Some plugins are not confirming to the VST standard and don't work well if the plugin hosts chooses to use a varying audio buffer length (which OpenMPT does because of how it works internally).
To confirm my suspicion, please get Renoise and load the plugin into that host. Add the plugin to a track, and hit the "?" button in the plugin config, and see if you get any clicks if "static buffers" is disabled, and also check if they are gone if you enable "static buffers".

More often than not, issues like these are caused by badly written plugins (yes, even successful commercial plugins can be badly written) and hosts have to compensate for that somehow.
At the same time you can also try if loading plugin settings from previous sessions works with Renoise.
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

Jedinhopy

I don't like the controls in Renoise. And i failing at composing because it takes so much time to tweak the notes in renoise because it has a very bad hard to use keyboard+mouse layout. Modplugtracker is the easiest tracker in the world to use.

Saga Musix

I didn't tell you to use Renoise. I told you that you should check if the plugin works as expected in Renoise, because it is the only host to my knowledge which supports to switch between static and non-static buffers. For that I don't care at all if you like Renoise or not, but if you don't want help me to tackle down the problem you are facing, that's also fine.
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

psishock

Quote from: Jedinhopy on October 26, 2012, 22:20:50
I don't like the controls in Renoise. And i failing at composing because it takes so much time to tweak the notes in renoise because it has a very bad hard to use keyboard+mouse layout.
Lol every frickin keyboard shortcut is customizable in the preferences, even some of the mouse click options. The GUI elements are modular, you can also bind a custom view modes to the function keys, so you can recall your preferred ones on the fly (like F3 for sample setup, F2 for pattern view, for the sake of the old Impulse Tracker days.)

How hard can be to deeply personalize any of these layouts?

@Jojo
i dont have EWQLSR neither to test it out, oh well.
I'm as calm as a synth without a player.  (Sam_Zen)

Saga Musix

Quote from: psishock on October 27, 2012, 04:11:39
Lol every frickin keyboard shortcut is customizable in the preferences, even some of the mouse click options. The GUI elements are modular, you can also bind a custom view modes to the function keys, so you can recall your preferred ones on the fly (like F3 for sample setup, F2 for pattern view, for the sake of the old Impulse Tracker days.)

How hard can be to deeply personalize any of these layouts?
That is besides the point. We should be glad that we still have more than one actively developed tracker and that people actually have a choice to use what they want.

psishock

Quote from: Saga Musix on October 27, 2012, 12:33:13That is besides the point.
my comment was made on the reaction, where he claimed that renoise has a very bad and hard to use keyboard+mouse layout. That's just simply untrue, and i've explained why.

I could even comment his "Modplugtracker is the easiest tracker in the world to use" statement, because good luck starting using it and being effective in it as a newb, without reading the manual (or do experimenting sessions by yourself). Most of the people who tried and i know reacted like mr. Spock.

QuoteWe should be glad that we still have more than one actively developed tracker and that people actually have a choice to use what they want.
most definitely bud, but i'm not sure where are you coming from, because i never tried to deny this fact. :D
I'm as calm as a synth without a player.  (Sam_Zen)