[New Age] Firedance (mptm/ogg)

Started by Saga Musix, October 11, 2012, 12:34:36

Previous topic - Next topic

Saga Musix

My first work created with the Korg Legacy plugins (Wavestation, M1, MDE-X). Originally it was meant to be released at Evoke 2012, but didn't pass pre-selection for the streamed music compo, so I released it at Outline 2012, where it ranked 3rd in the combined music compo.
Kind of an Enigma-ish track with lots of sounds from the Wavestation and M1. Contrary to most other people on this forum, using commercial plugins certainly will not stop me from releasing all my works including source files, so for those of you who own the Legacy plugins, you can also enjoy this tune in OpenMPT, and even if you don't have them, you can still open the file and look around and read the story how this track evolved.

Download MPTM/OGG
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

LPChip

New age huh? I need to listen to this!!!

Very nice sounds. But I expected that with this plugin list. This sounds familiar. I did listen to this as an earlier version, didn't I?

I'm not entirely sure this is new age though, but its close to it, Otherwise it'd be chillout or demostyle maybe even. Anyway, the ending seems a bit empty, other than that, a very nice song.
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs

Saga Musix

Quote from: LPChip on October 11, 2012, 16:14:57
I did listen to this as an earlier version, didn't I?
Yeah, I sent you a preview some time ago, probably before Evoke.

Quote from: LPChip on October 11, 2012, 16:14:57I'm not entirely sure this is new age though, but its close to it
Well, Enigma's "Sadeness" is also often classified as New Age, surely both tunes are a crossover between several genres, but I'd rather release my tune than thinking ten days about what exact genre it is, because I don't care all too much about genres anyway.
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

Harbinger

Well, the Korg VSTi's are still my most most-used plugins, because i came of age compositionally with the M1 back in the early 90s. The M1 is quite vanilla compared to modern VSTi's (though the Wavestation is a little more "wide open"), but very little programming is needed and i can always find a good sound with the M1 plugin, especially with all the cards pre-installed (one of the best features of the plugin).

I'm anxious to hear what you put together since also i love New Age music. I'll give you my opinion next week... (unless you would rather i didn't).

Saga Musix

Quote from: Harbinger on October 12, 2012, 14:18:52
(unless you would rather i didn't)
If I didn't want people to comment on my tracks, I wouldn't post them here! ;) Looking forward to your comment as a person who probably has heard most of the sounds in this tune... (I did modify some of them a bit, though).

Harbinger

Notes as i'm listening:

Cool jazz-influenced pop-dance with a laidback feel and an aura of pragmatism. Nothing innovative but nothing offensive or strenuous. Couldn't tell it was from the Korg plugins (except for the string pad), so a good job mixing up the canned timbres. Excellent FX and good song design. 8)

Mr.Eagle

A very melodic and atmospheric piece of music. Really good work, Jojo...
sorry for my bad English

Saga Musix

mrvegas

Very cool -- very polished.  Great track.  Very mainstream for you.  I suspect you are preparing for that giant deal with a major record label.

I've thought about getting the Korg plug ins for a while.  Lots of people really seem to like them.

Saga Musix

Thanks for the listen. I wouldn't call this more or less mainstream than my other stuff. And I would certainly never fall for the stupid idea to sign a contract with a record label, they are evil!

xapheric

This tune put a big smile on my face  :D :) ;D