How to remove silence at the end when exporting wav

Started by thecommand, August 16, 2012, 02:48:19

Previous topic - Next topic

thecommand

I'm new to openmpt and trackers in general.

I'm making intro music for a game I'm developing.  my intention is to make it loop seamlessly without any silence.  when I play the music in openmpt, and set it to loop, it plays fine no silence, but when I export to wav. it seems to add silence at the end or (less likely start)  I looked at the file in audacity, and I think it is in the end, but it is hard to edit it out.   I think openmpt assumes there is ^^ at the end of the file. is this true?

thanks

Edit:

ok sorry, seems the issue is I'm putting some drum sound at the end, it doesn't have time to play fully, so it gets silenced, for some reason this is not felt when playing on openmpt with loop

Saga Musix

Uhm... I think I know what you're talking about, but that is a pretty logical thing.
OpenMPT doesn't cut (by default) any voices when it loops in the editor, so voices that are still playing at the end of the tune "leak" into the start of the tune when it loops. Of course this is not possible when exporting to WAV, because the WAV export does not loop!
There's too ways to emulate that behaviour, though...
- Duplicate the whole order list, so that tune plays twice. Cut off the first iteration and just keep the second (in which the playing voices at the end of iteration 1 leak into the start of iteration 2).
- Add a pattern of silence at the end, cut it off the file and mix-paste it with the start of the file, to blend over start and leaking end voices.
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

LPChip

Or do it even simpler. Add just the last pattern to the beginning of the song, and after the export, remove it again.
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs