VST volume doesn't change with global volume

Started by Pizearke, May 09, 2012, 22:58:04

Previous topic - Next topic

Pizearke

In the instrument tab, I change the volume handling to "Midi volume", but whenever I use Mxx, it doesn't adjust the volume. I have to set the volume of every note individually.

And in in this case, it won't even let me use the velocity or volume handling. They're grayed out. I'm using synth1 vsti.

Thanks.

Saga Musix

Channel volume (Mxx) won't affect plugins in the current version. Changing volume handling to MIDI volume just means that stand-alone volume commands (i.e. vxx that's not next to a note) will call a MIDI Channel Volume (CC#7) message. See here: http://wiki.openmpt.org/Manual:_Instruments#Plugin_.2F_MIDI

Fully transparent VST volume handling (including channel volume) is planned for the upcoming versions of OpenMPT.
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

Pizearke

And by fully transparent you mean similar to the way the built in sampler works?

Also, could you help me with the grayed out volume handling menu?

http://imgur.com/1SpPN

Saga Musix

Quote from: Pizearke on May 10, 2012, 02:18:32
And by fully transparent you mean similar to the way the built in sampler works?
Yes.

Quote from: Pizearke on May 10, 2012, 02:18:32
Also, could you help me with the grayed out volume handling menu?
You have "Plugin volume command bug emulation" enabled in the Song Properties.

p.s. your openmpt is outdated ;>
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

Pizearke

Oh, thanks. I don't know why that was enabled.

Saga Musix

Most likely because you have imported an old track that was composed with some version of OpenMPT older than 1.17.02.50.