[Album] Eyes (Orchestral) (online play & album download)

Started by Oliwerko, April 18, 2012, 18:49:16

Previous topic - Next topic

Oliwerko

Hi there.

The links for my orchestral "girls" have been dead for a while, for I was moving the server not long time ago. I will update the links to individual songs in their topic as well, but I wanted to have a concise album topic where all of them would be available for you to find comfortably.

For those of you who don't know what it's about, these are fairy-tale-like orchestral songs with a theme - each of them is accompanied by a story.

You can read the background information about the album, play the songs online, or download the whole album with its booklet and stories here on my blog (the rest of the blog is in Slovak, don't be scared. The album page is in English for you to enjoy).

http://olivermeres.hobbyart.sk/hudba/eyes-2012-en/

Enjoy your trip  :)
I am not afraid of death.
I am afraid of murder.

Saga Musix

Nice stuff. Slow and simple tunes, but they work. I liked "Passion" and "Brown-eyed Girl" the most.
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

Oliwerko

Thanks, I'm glad you like them. Passion and BrEG are the last two to be completed, that's probably the sole reason for that; they are just newer :)
I am afraid of murder.

KrazyKatz

Great work Oliwerko.
Great job at keeping the legato (flowing melodies) together while using samples, which can be a major nuisance with strings.
Nice warm samples. What VST package you using?

If I may be so bold hehe.... to make some musical suggestions. In Brown Eyed Girl, you kick in with the Orchestral chimes at ~1:20 and use them consistently until 2:20. Well by only using them you are wasting a lot of potential for some interesting orchestration. You could kick in with them, then change them to be pizzicato strings, then to a glockenspiel, then to a clarinet and back to the chimes. Not necessarily in that order but overusing the chimes does take away their power and you could make some interesting ear candy in the background while the brass is showing us whose boss.

All in all, keep up with your orchestral composing. I get the feeling we'll be hearing some really great pieces in future.

Cheers!
Sonic Brilliance Studios
http://www.sonicbrilliance.com

Oliwerko

Thanks for feedback KK!

The sample pack is quite a low-grade one, it's an orchestral Nexus expansion.

Thanks for the suggestion with chimes. I'm often lazy to start experimenting, and it shows here. I'll try harder next time :)
I am afraid of murder.