Happy New 2012

Started by Saga Musix, January 02, 2012, 16:13:07

Previous topic - Next topic

Saga Musix

A happy and productive new year to all members of ModPlug Central!

Let me also use this thread as a little status update. So what's currently happening behind the scenes?

OpenMPT
Well, OpenMPT 1.20 has been more or less "ready" since a few months, but there are some crucial things that still need to be fixed and implemented until it is ready for a release. I didn't really have the time needed for implementing them, so expect a release within the next 1-3 months.

OpenMPT Wiki
The new wiki also requires some finishing touches before I want to make it officially public. Almost everything is there, but some crucial pages are still missing. With a bit of luck, I may be able to write the missing texts this week.

Song Downloads
Development of the ModPlug Download Central is also currently stalled for similar reasons, but I hope to bring it online within this year.

Donations
Donations are flowing like they have never before. I blame the donation meter for this, it really seems to encourage people to donate some money to help keeping the site alive. Every little bit helps as you can see, and with the current amount of money donated, we can well survive for another year.

That's all for now. Again, happy new year and happy tracking!
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

LPChip

Happy new year everyone! And Jojo, great work on the site, wiki and OpenMPT!
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs

Rakib

Wow, really heads up with the donations.
^^

kit beats

Thanks for the support and Happy New Year =D

Best regards,
"get the piece sounding pristine." - KrazyKats
..Like this one, definatly got the Sam Zen
individuality in it... - Asharin

Really Weird Person

Oops, I kind of "missed the mark" on that one. Yes, happy (now not so new) year. I hope that 2,012 has brought/brings some new and interesting thoughts to Jojo and Relabsoluness. Perhaps they will find more people and expand the development team (lest what was joked about last April Fools' Day or April Fools' Day in 2,009) comes to pass and Modplug Tracker development ceases.