Controlling volume with VSTs

Started by Pizearke, December 26, 2011, 03:23:06

Previous topic - Next topic

Pizearke

I use modplug with Synth1 VST. How can I correlate the gain of the amplifier or the effect level with the channel volume and the note volume? The only way I can get the volume to change is to set it to 0, which mutes it.

I have the latest version of both, I think. I can post any more information needed.

Saga Musix

The VSTi volume slider is a global amplifier for all plugins. Channel volume does currently (until OpenMPT 1.19) not affect VST instruments. Note volume is by default sent as MIDI velocity to the plugin, so not all plugins react the same way to this. You can also control the volume using MIDI volume (see velocity/volume handling on the instrument tab, not supported by all plugins) or using the plugin dry/wet ratio. Using the latter is like a global amplifier for all notes that are played by the same plugin, but it will always work.
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

Pizearke