Make a MOD Stereo in each channel

Started by VoltureX, November 27, 2011, 13:40:01

Previous topic - Next topic

VoltureX

Is it possible to make channel 1-2-3-4 in stereo each. I want all channels to replay in stereo.

Right now my channel 1 is in left ear.

I want to save the module in Amiga format (mod) after I have finished it.

Thanks.

Volt.

Rakib

I am not sure if mod files support stereo-files, but you can always adjust the panning on your files with p, ranging from 0-64.
^^

Saga Musix

Quote from: VoltureX on November 27, 2011, 13:40:01
I want to save the module in Amiga format (mod) after I have finished it.
You are contradicting yourself here; The Amiga has a fixed panning scheme (L-R-R-L) for its four built-in voices. You can use panning commands (8xx and E8x) to modify the stereo position of a channel in the MOD format, but strictly speaking you're using the extended PC MOD format and not the Amiga MOD format. If you don't have to work with the MOD format (f.e. because you are writing music for a flash game or whatever), you shouldn't use it. There are many more restrictions when using MOD, simply because of the design of the Amiga.
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

VoltureX

I'm creating music for the Amiga after several years of break and I couldn't remember the settings in the Amiga. But as you say it's L RR L, thanks. I will try the panning option if that's allowed in pro tracker modules.

Volt.

Saga Musix

It is allowed in the sense that any Amiga trackers will simply ignore it, or interpret it as a different command. You will always have the LRRL scheme though, and that cannot be changed.
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

VoltureX

Thanks for the replies. It was very much helpful !

Volt.