Help with MIDI Conversion.

Started by Cosmo, November 11, 2011, 04:02:19

Previous topic - Next topic

Cosmo

There is something that really frustrates me, when i make a MIDI on modplug, i canuse effects and note-slides and vibrato and such and adjust its volume properly to my liking. However, when i convert to MIDI file, all of that is lost, so it then just sounds like a mess. I know note slide and vibrato and such is allowed on MIDIs, as i have listened to many that do have all that present. I read on other posts that it does not work when converted from MPT. Anyone know of an alternative way i can take the midi and change it around so i can give them that note slide, volume, and vibrato effect when in MIDI format?

Thanks

Saga Musix

Quote from: Cosmo on November 11, 2011, 04:02:19when i make a MIDI on modplug
First off, OpenMPT is not a MIDI editor. Exporting to and importing from MIDI are just additional features (which are implemented very well), so if you need something that produces MIDI files reliably, trackers not really the way to go (trackers usually go with the module paradigm, sequencers with the MIDI paradigm).
You could still try 2MIDI and see if it works for you.
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

Saga Musix

Quote from: Cosmo on November 11, 2011, 04:02:19
note-slides and vibrato
Those two couldn't be more difficult the world of trackers and MIDI btw. Note slides are limited to a range of +/- 8192 finetune steps in MIDI, which is translated to +/- 2 semitones on most MIDI hardware by default, but is often also freely adjustable. The commands for adjusting the pitchbend range are not the same on all MIDI hardware. Same with vibrato, MPT's vibrato semantics don't translate directly into MIDI vibrato (and again, not all MIDI hardware uses the standard CCs for vibrato).
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.