Deleting VSTi's?

Started by SolarLune, November 04, 2011, 14:35:27

Previous topic - Next topic

SolarLune

Hey. I'm a newbie to OpenMPT (though I have used ModPlug Tracker before) and I'd like to use VSTi's instead of samples for creating songs (unless there's something I should know about). I found how to load a VSTi into OpenMPT, and then load the VSTi into an instrument to play, but how do I delete the VSTi if I don't need it? Thanks!
Check out my games in development at SolarLune Games: http://www.solarlune-games.blogspot.com/

LPChip

If you just want to unload the VSTi in your song, go to the general tab, select the fx slot that the plugin is in, and choose [edit]. Then from the list, select none (should be the first item).

The plugin will be removed from your song.

Want to actually stop using the plugin all together, you do the same (in the general tab, you can select an fx slot that isn't in use, or you can directly go to the plugin manager from the menu) and instead of selecting none, as described above, you click the plugin you want, and then press [delete plugin]

If this doesn't answer your question, please let us know what you're looking for.
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs

Saga Musix

Quote from: LPChip on November 04, 2011, 14:40:19
If you just want to unload the VSTi in your song, go to the general tab, select the fx slot that the plugin is in, and choose [edit]. Then from the list, select none (should be the first item).
Obviously, this should be "select", not "edit" - "edit" opens the plugin's edit window.
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

LPChip

Quote from: Jojo on November 04, 2011, 15:32:10
Quote from: LPChip on November 04, 2011, 14:40:19
Obviously, this should be "select", not "edit" - "edit" opens the plugin's edit window.

Indeed. You should listen to Jojo, the Developer. I was at work, so I couldn't check for actual button names.
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs