TrackPerformer

Started by bvanoudtshoorn, October 27, 2011, 13:12:40

Previous topic - Next topic

bvanoudtshoorn

Hi all!

It's been a while, but I've been working on a project that I think you're going to like. It's called "TrackPerformer", and (to quote the description on my blog):

Quote...provides a visual stage for your music, using HTML5 canvas and audio. On that stage, performers "play" the instruments in the music visually. In other words, it's a visualisation system for music, but based on the notation (the abstract) rather than the audio (the manifestation).

What's that mean? Well, you take your tracked music, export it to format of your choice, convert the pattern data into JSON, describe how you want it performed, and watch! That's the simplified set of instructions, of course. :P What you'll want to do is read the blog post, and then take a look on GitHub.

I'm hoping to make the process of bring your music across much simpler over time -- the ultimate goal is to be able to extract all of the relevant information in one fell swoop.

Have a look, and let me know what you think!

bvanoudtshoorn

Just a quick note: because I've not bothered adding fallback support for the audio formats, you'll need to use an OGG-supporting browser. I developed it in Firefox, so your mileage may vary in other browsers, at least until I get around to doing some proper cross-browser testing.

Louigi Verona

Tried it in action in FF, just a blue screen and name of track in the corner.

bvanoudtshoorn

Hmm... That's odd! Which version of Firefox? You'll need an up-to-date version (post Fx4)...

I've actually updated the code, so it should now work under Opera, Chrome, and Safari as well. It'll also run on IE9, but only if you pull it down and run it locally -- IE refuses to run the scripts when they're served from GitHub.

Louigi Verona

Firefix 3.6.23
Tried it again today - see images, but no sound.

bvanoudtshoorn

Hmm... I don't think 3.6 has HTML5 audio support. :( If you can, give it a shot in an up-to-date Firefox, Chrome, Opera, or Safari.

Louigi Verona

Ah, html5, silly me! Sure, I'll give it a try with Chrome and report later ;)

Saga Musix

» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.