GMON.OUT?

Started by Harbinger, September 27, 2011, 18:06:01

Previous topic - Next topic

Harbinger

I notice when i exported a WAV to a certain folder that a file titled gmon.out was created in the folder where i saved (actually one folder up). After looking at in a hex editor, it's obviously a binary data file, but my question is, what is it and why is it created? Is there a way to turn off this function? (I don't want these little files all over my HD.)

Saga Musix

OpenMPT does not create such files. A quick google search reveals that such files are created by the GNU Debugger when profiling an executable; Since OpenMPT isn't profiled nor compiled with gcc, it is unlikely that it is the source of this file. "one folder up" suggests even more that it has nothing to do with the wave file you exported.
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

Harbinger

Hmmm...yes it has not always happened, so perhaps something i added creates this file every time saving is executed. Could be Gizmo...Thumbnail Lite.... i wonder if it's one of the VST plugins.... ???