OVC Results

Started by Louigi Verona, March 25, 2006, 11:26:12

Previous topic - Next topic

Louigi Verona

Hey, guys!
I would like to thank all the participants and all the judges. I believe OVC was very useful and I hope to run it again.
The results are on the compo site.

http://music.fbm.ru

Louigi Verona.

apple-joe

OK, nice to see the results. Feedback is always interesting. What's the next compo idea?

fisk0

That was a surprise, I never even doubted I would come at the last place.

Louigi Verona

The next compo will be OVC again, I suppose. It proved to be a very needed challenge. I will rewrite the info so that the rules would be crystal clear, so there would be no more violations.
Those who recieved lower places or who didn't even get on the list need not to be discouraged. The task before you was difficult and the fact that you accepted the challenge and tried your best is rewarding in itself.
However, work more next time, make progress. It would be better if one would make only one good entry rather than several bad ones ;)
All in all, I think the results of the compo are positive - we all felt what we are capable of and how much interesting stuff there is to learn.

apple-joe

I already look forward to the next one. It'll be interesting to see whether one progresses.

speed-goddamn-focus

I noticed OVC was mentioned in Computer Music magazine's tracker column. Fancy that!

LPChip

Quote from: "speed-goddamn-focus"I noticed OVC was mentioned in Computer Music magazine's tracker column. Fancy that!

What magazine? I'm curious in any magazine that mentions trackers. :)
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs

speed-goddamn-focus

Quote from: "LPChip"
Quote from: "speed-goddamn-focus"I noticed OVC was mentioned in Computer Music magazine's tracker column. Fancy that!

What magazine? I'm curious in any magazine that mentions trackers. :)

Computer Music, the magazine whose FM Synth tutorial you ripped and posted in the old forums.

rewbs

Since when does Computer Music have a tracker column?? I cancelled my subscription last year, possibly a stupid move.

Louigi Verona

Cool! Could you provide a link? I searched, but never found it.

DavidN

=O How did that ghastly abomination manage to get into fourth? I mean... hooray!

speed-goddamn-focus

Quote from: "rewbs"
Since when does Computer Music have a tracker column?? I cancelled my subscription last year, possibly a stupid move.
I never saw it until this issue.

speed-goddamn-focus

Quote from: "Louigi Verona"

Cool! Could you provide a link? I searched, but never found it.

It's only in the printed magazine, I'll try to scan it for you.

apple-joe

I just listened through all of the entries and I have to say it made me realize the limitations of my own creations. I'm really motivated for the next round, however, and I'll try to calm down and focus a bit more, as well as finding better sounding samples, in order to reach a new level.

xaimus

I'm looking forward to the next one!  This should be interesting.