r893 and VS2010

Started by Rakib, June 08, 2011, 22:06:47

Previous topic - Next topic

Rakib

^^

Saga Musix

I can actually not edit that article, but I've posted a new article with instructions in the technical documents section (translated from the German OpenMPT Wiki). The parts about library paths and so on might be a bit fuzzy because I don't know how those menu entries would be called in an English VS2008 or VS2010.
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

LPChip

Apparently, neither can I.
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs

Saga Musix

Speaking of which, I have now finally switched to VS2010 after VS2008 started falling apart and becoming forgetful... That means that all official builds from now on are compiled with VS2010.
Since OpenMPT's MFC code is kinda buggy (as we have already seen when changing to VS2008), there are probably quite a few things that still have to be fixed. So if you want to be a brave tester, feel free to grab a test version and use it. If something in the GUI does not work as expected anymore, please let me know. If you want to stay up to date with test releases, you can do so by setting up automatic updates.
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

jmkz

Versions compiled with VS2010 are buggy(?), controls are not updated fast. It's annoying that when you change between tabs you need wait few seconds to get updated names. It's very noticeable on Windows XP, a big differences compared with 2008. The next stable release should be compiled with 2008 if those bugs were not fixed IHMO. As "first" bug report: Controls are not updated fast when load or change to tab in versions compiled with VS2010. :D

EDIT: I forgot, this is on controls of genberal tab.

Saga Musix

I cannot reproduce that on WinXP.