change a midi to a loaded wav question

Started by justinrpg, June 03, 2011, 14:50:41

Previous topic - Next topic

justinrpg

is there a way to make a wav file loaded into an instrument not cut off in the middle of the file while playing? for example i have a 2.5 sec. wav file of my voice with me saying the words "I Love Moltres" it seems that for every instrument I try to load it into, sometimes while playing the song my voice will cut off at I Lov... is there any way to force it to always use the whole 2.5 seconds in every note, in any way possible, like speeding up or slowing it down, sometimes it does speed or slow it down but still have cut offs... also I try to adjust the cut-off slider plus tried things in the sound graph thingie at the bottom, but can figure out how to make the whole 2.5 sec wav used in every note... is this possible?

LPChip

Quote from: justinrpg on June 03, 2011, 14:50:41
is there a way to make a wav file loaded into an instrument not cut off in the middle of the file while playing? for example i have a 2.5 sec. wav file of my voice with me saying the words "I Love Moltres" it seems that for every instrument I try to load it into, sometimes while playing the song my voice will cut off at I Lov... is there any way to force it to always use the whole 2.5 seconds in every note, in any way possible, like speeding up or slowing it down, sometimes it does speed or slow it down but still have cut offs... also I try to adjust the cut-off slider plus tried things in the sound graph thingie at the bottom, but can figure out how to make the whole 2.5 sec wav used in every note... is this possible?
Assign it to an instrument and set the New Note Action of that instrument to Continue.
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs

Saga Musix

If you, as the topic suggests, loaded a MIDI file, your instruments most likely have rather short volume envelopes, so the sound will end earily. Disable the volume envelope ("Vol" button in the instrument tab) to avoid that.

Quote from: justinrpg on June 03, 2011, 14:50:41
also I try to adjust the cut-off slider
That has nothing to do with cutting notes, it changes the cutoff frequency of the resonant filter.
You should read up on instruments in the manual.
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

justinrpg

it still cuts off the wav in continue for some reason!!!!

Saga Musix

Well this is quite like fishing in muddy waters if you don't show us the module. You could be doing anything wrong, and we don't know what your file looks like. Afterall, you say you are importing a MIDI, so I assume you didn't write the tune yourself and probably don't even know if there are any note stops in the patterns...
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

justinrpg

I cant really attach here because the file is over maximum (700kb)... so I'll have to host it somewhere else

http://www.divshare.com/download/15009903-41d

my module is uploaded there

by the way, the midis that i use are made in 'Band-in-a-Box 2005' which generates midis based on style, harmony selected and other options defined by me (user)

Saga Musix

There are note-off events in the pattern, which fade out the instrument. You will have to remove the note-off events that correspond to your instrument to play it in full length.

PS: OpenMPT is not a MIDI editor. The MIDI import is already of such low quality that I can't imagine what you want to do with this module, apart from maybe having a good laugh.

justinrpg

Saga Musix

You better read the manual. Sorry, but I can't explain every little detail of how to use a tracker. But it's all written up there.

justinrpg

I read the whole section on patterns, no where in that section did it say how to remove note offs...

justinrpg

even searching the PDF for 'note stop' didn't even help me find it!!!! just brought up that exact phrase in other areas but none in removing them from patterns

justinrpg

number 1: I cannot find it in the manual
Number 2: I have tried EVERY button EVERY menu item EVERYTHING i can fined in MPT in hoping to find it myself...
it's Japanese to me!!!!  i am like a weak man lost in the desert here!!!! I read EVERYTHING that contained the phrase "Note Stop" that came up in the search... I am so lost here!!!!!!! I am so lost, that the chances of me winning the lottery is greater than me being able to figure out how to do this on my own... even trying to resort to Google was no help, I am definitely i need of a 'MPT of dummies' explanation on how to do this here... all I need to do is remove the note stops in the pattern and no luck at all 0%, and figuring it out or finding the instructions in the manual

Rakib

Go to the note stop and press delete.
^^

LPChip

A note stop looks like this in your pattern === and a note cut looks like this in your pattern ^^^.

Removing those in your pattern will make the previously played note continue at that point.

You can search/replace for them to remove all at once, but that might give unwanted results. Notes that were stopping good previously might now suddenly continue while they should stop. You can limit to channels but since the midi-import function is not that great, that might not do it either.

In either case, I highly recommend you to try the tutorial thats in our wiki. After that, you'll understand the tracker far better and probably want to make your own music in modplug rather than editing older music anyway. Its just so much more fun to build a song from the ground up. Promised!
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs

justinrpg

build my own? I am no composer!!!! if I tried that, it may sound like randomly hitting keys on a piano!!! not a song at all!!!! (basically what would happen if i just sat at a piano!!! I don't even know how to play a song!!!!)