[Orchestral] Balada pre Dianu

Started by Oliwerko, May 28, 2011, 22:12:33

Previous topic - Next topic

Oliwerko

"A Ballad for Diana". This track is a sad and romantic piece I composed for my girlfriend, who was about to return from her studies in Paris, where she spent 4 previous months.

The opening theme was a one-shot improvised idea, and after resting for a few weeks I went on and made this track in three nights.

That's about it, let the music tell the rest :)

May 28, 2011

http://oliwerko.ic.cz/Music/Balada%20pre%20Dianu.mp3
I am not afraid of death.
I am afraid of murder.

KrazyKatz

Very Beautiful. Another example of a piece that just needs an orchestra for it to sound it's best. Thanks for posting.
Dig your signature.
Sonic Brilliance Studios
http://www.sonicbrilliance.com

Oliwerko

Thanks for listening and commenting, I'm glad you like it!
I am afraid of murder.

Harbinger

Notes as i'm listening:

More MIDI-like music with a little more expressiveness to it. Another short song that doesn't seem to go very far. But it is a decent loop, good enough for a game intro screen.

Oliwerko

Thanks for taking a listen! I didn't really want to make a huge thing out of this, just a nice little loop. Still, the transition to the initial theme bugs me, for it's kind of a weird progression...
I am afraid of murder.

mrvegas

Very pretty.  A little more movement or variation in the background parts might be nice, but a beautiful melody.

wandering genie

Hi,
Yesterday I listened to your piece. Your girlfriend surely must be happy with this gift from you!
The strings parts sound very good and the melodic idea is very beautiful. As was listening to it, and my wife from other part of the house told me. "What a nice music you are listenint to". The small constructive critic I could make is that the piano part sounds a little bit mechanichal to my ears. Maybe more dinamics (piano, forte.etc.) can help, as well as some variation in the background as it has been suggested.

But I enjoyed listening to your music  :)

Oliwerko

Thanks for feedback! you're both right, the piano needs elaborating. Listening to it now, it really does sound cheap. I couldn't get myself to start the exhausting dynamics edits, maybe someday I'll get back to it.

Thanks for listening, and say hello to your wife :)
I am afraid of murder.