Starting new module question

Started by herodotas, May 22, 2011, 16:39:08

Previous topic - Next topic

herodotas

Is it possible to change what, when I click 'Ctrl+N' and start new module, it would be a .mptm not .it?
life is darker than it seems

Saga Musix

» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

Harbinger

That would be a nice option, since i always use MPTM. If someone doesn't get to it, i'll put it in the Feature Requests at IssueTracker later, for when someone can find the time and skill to implement it...

Saga Musix

Support for this feature has now been added through mptrack.ini, it will probably also be configurable from the settings dialog as well at some point.
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

Rakib

Whats the idea behind the template function?
^^

Saga Musix

Templates are completely unrelated to this question... But basically, a template is just a normal module file which can be accessed quickly through the File menu, and as such can be used as a quick way to start producing with plugins, samples, etc. already being set up.

jmkz

I have compiled at r936 but this feature does not work for any extension... (well, only for IT but is the really default right?) I guess this is incomplete?

Rakib

You have to save the correct filetype first as a template.
r936 here.
^^

Saga Musix

No. As I said, templates have nothing to do with the default file type, it's just more or less coincidence (or not) that those two features were added at the same time. The default mod type stuff does not work correctly in SVN because I forgot to commit a file, but hey, don't expect anything to work in the SVN versions - the latest features are not even available through automatic updates yet exactly because of such problems.

jmkz

Ok, all rigth. I have tested and don't work for ITP, it change to IT. All other extensions are loaded well now.

Saga Musix

Yes, for ITP it's currently not possible because of the way ITP is handled internally, but I guess that's not much of a loss because noone's using ITP anyway.

Rakib

Im not using ITP but I would consider it more, if there also was a link to a wave editor (maybe wavosaur, the wave editor modplug.com hosted before). So if you did any work on a sample in wavosaur and saved it would be automatically updated in modplug.
^^