Export MIDI by channel

Started by SYLER, April 05, 2011, 19:07:55

Previous topic - Next topic

SYLER

Hi im new to modplug,i was wondering if someone can please help me with how to export solo channels to midi.
when i try to export a track or a few specific channels to midi for reason the entire song including the beats is exported to midi.
is there a way to export only a specific channel/s?
if so can someone please tell me how to do that...
Thank you.

Saga Musix

Note: The previous post has been split from another thread as it had absolutely nothing to do with that thread.

Unlike with WAV export, there is currently no way to automatically export a module by channels, however you can right-click on the header of each channel and select "Solo" from the popup menu. The muted channels will not be exported to MIDI then.
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

SYLER

Hi,i tryied your way but it dosent seem to work,i unmuted all channels but the one that i want to export and still when i export to midi all the other channels and melody exported as well,what can i do to make it work? is there another way or something so that i can export only 1 channel midi at a time?
and also is there any way to export to midi just 1 page? or in order to do that i need to delete all teh other pages lets say 5-6-7-8 and leave only 1 if i want to export just page 1?

Saga Musix

Sorry, but this sounds like you are using a horribly outdated version of (Open) ModPlug Tracker. MIDI export was fixed long time ago to support muted channels. Please download the latest version first and then try again.
And no, there is also no way to export only one pattern to MIDI.
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

SYLER

Hi,thank you so much,u were right.i sued a very old version and once i installed the one you sent me i exported the midi and the muted channels worked fine.

so just to mute each channel and it will export which is much more easy to do things.
i hope they will do in the new version that you can export one pattern or page at a time,so that when you export it wont export all the patterns at once and that you will be able to choose which pattern you want.
i guess you can delete patterns and leave the only pattern that you want to export and mute the channels that you dont want right?

Thank again for all of your help.

Saga Musix

Quotei hope they will do in the new version that you can export one pattern or page at a time
"They" would most probably be "me", but ok... I wanted to rewrite MIDI import/export completely at some point anyway, so I guess I could also add per-channel, per-pattern and per-instrument export modes when I do that. Don't ask me when that will be, though.

Quotei guess you can delete patterns and leave the only pattern that you want to export and mute the channels that you dont want right?
it would be much more simple to move all unneeded patterns behind the first "---" pattern so that they won't be played.

SYLER

oh wow didnt you its you who did it,let me say great work first of all :)
and would be great if you can do in the new update what we talked about,i wont ask when...

and ill try your way of moving the uneeded patterns behind  the --- just not sure how?

Saga Musix

Quote from: SYLER on April 07, 2011, 17:54:15
and ill try your way of moving the uneeded patterns behind  the --- just not sure how?
Drag'n'drop them, just like you'd move things in any other program. Note that you can also move multiple order items at once by selecting a range with the shift key.

SYLER

great thank you ill try that :)
oh i was wondering is there any way to mute all the channels together instead of muting them 1 by 1?
i saw theres a button that unmute but is there a all mute one?
Thanks again for your time and your help.

Harbinger

And don't forget to download your copy of the most recent Offline Help Manual here if you haven't already. It's geared towards beginners, but is also an invaluable resource for advanced users, if i do say so myself! 8)

Saga Musix

Quote from: SYLER on April 07, 2011, 20:20:33
oh i was wondering is there any way to mute all the channels together instead of muting them 1 by 1?
Right-click the channel header (the thing that says "Channel x" above every channel) and select "Solo".
Plus what Harbinger said.

Harbinger

Well, to answer your question more directly, it sounds like you need to use the Channel Manager, which will allow you to Solo or Mute one or more or all channels at once.

You'll find the icon at the top of the Pattern Page.

jmkz

Mmm... comes to my mind your request of the ultimate channel manager, hope it will be integrated into OpenMPT soon...  ;D but i don't know which priorities are at the top of the list.

SYLER

Thank you so much Harbinger and jojo you helped me a lot.
really thank you for your time and help...
i managed to solo 1 channels and then i can just choose which other channels i can solo by clicking on them so that helped a lot.
i was wondering harbinger if you can maybe upload a pic of where exactly is the channel managed that you talked about?

thank you guys again for your help.

jmkz