delay compensation

Started by ndelay33, March 25, 2011, 20:08:52

Previous topic - Next topic

ndelay33

here is a pity situation  ::)

i am using many different spectrum/FFT plugins, each of them has different delay on output signal

when rendering parts to wav and then use them as samples - it really slows up the proccess, and what is worth - you dont have opportunity to change anything in wav.
i tryed to use 2 modplugs at the time, but sometime they both crashs (100% sure because of vst's)

so i know ableton and many other soft has delay compensation thing. that's ULTRA usefull for me(maybe the only thing i am dreaming about in modplug atm), i understand that 90% users dont need this  :'(

i would love to put delay compensation in "0.0x" seconds on CHANELLS
i am very bad coder, that's why i am thinking this thing is not unbelievable hard to add ))
this is really kind of personal commision
so i would donate you some portion of dollars for making it, believe me i dont have them much sometime to pay rent :D

ps.
here is an example of using lots of spectrum things, but all rendered  8)
http://soundcloud.com/404/tolko-ne-uhodi

reeeespect ))

Saga Musix

Quote from: ndelay33 on March 25, 2011, 20:08:52
i am very bad coder, that's why i am thinking this thing is not unbelievable hard to add ))
Yes, that is what most people think of their requests. However, if you think a bit more about your request, you will quickly see that it is not just about adding some silence buffer to each VST input. What should f.e. happen with samples and MIDI messages? Obviously samples would have to be delayed as well, and this is currently not feasible in any smart way. And that is just one out of many considerations to make when implementing PDC.
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

ndelay33

okay :)

its not about silence buffer on vst
it's about silence buffer on a chanell

how about this
delay the chanell on "x" number of ticks. for example 16 is the max
so like there will be pattern number 0 (16 ticks) - with only this chanell.
can this be easier ? ::)

Saga Musix

I can hardly imagine that ticks are precise enough to solve your problem. Also, yes, that would be just as complicated, because partically two or more rows would have to be processed simultaneously.
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

ndelay33

sure they wont solve it.
but there are vst's that can delay signal on miliseconds to the front
so i can find the exact spot i need.

so what's PDC ? search doesnt got me into it :-)

Saga Musix

ndelay33

got ya )))
plugin compensaton not making sense for me i was thinking of chanell.
because i have all chanells exclusive like one for percution, one for hihats etc etc...

like on picture i uploaded

psishock

Quote from: ndelay33delay compensation.JPG
my face when

dude, you know that the feature you've just drew can be done with a simple pattern coding. Or include a pre-pattern before the very first one, if you need it right from the start.

Also, there is a "SDx" sub-tick delay command, where you can modify the "x" variable to shorten or lengthen the delay time, before the chosen note hits.
I'm as calm as a synth without a player.  (Sam_Zen)

ndelay33

that's not cool when i am having 70 patterns with stuff
so i need to creat one pre pattern and CTRL-C CTRL-V myself to death
thats not cool
i know about sdx ))))))

i got yer point guys  ;D