[Industrial Rock] Killer (mp3) Mental Dystopia

Started by Zaphoid, January 29, 2011, 22:15:51

Previous topic - Next topic

Zaphoid

So It has been a long time since I have posted here.  I recently started to write some lyrics and was in a very dark mood so I came up with this song.  I guess I was going for a Nine Inch Nails feel with a little more traditional Rock band sound.  Much of it was tracked and sequenced in buzz and then stemmed to Reaper and mixed and mastered.  The drums sound real because they are.  I got them from Drumcore TK which if your making music in this style will totally make your life easier. I had tracked a version with my own tracked drums but throw it out and decided I wanted it sounding organic and real. Besides all the guitars were done by me, rhythm and leads as well as the dreary singing with distortion overlayed.   This thing flowed out of me and it only took 1 or 2 takes each to do the singing and guitar parts.  Please tell me how you like or maybe tell me how much I suck now cause I've depressed you. :D

http://soundcloud.com/zaphoid1/killer

Harbinger

Notes as i'm listening:

Killer
Definite influence by NIN and Filter. Lyrics are out of beat, but are easily fixed with some audio track editing. Nice stereo image thru-out, and i see where the improvements can be made that you spoke of. Gtr needs more grungy contrast, and the lead synth needs filterwork and some stereo movement IMO. I would also add a couple more BPM in the tempo, as the current tempo seems to drag the rakiness of the sound. Good drum samples, almost sound acoustic.
Whoa. Abrupt stop. Okay so it's a WIP. If you're looking for a good ending, do one more verse or a do a variation in melody on a previous verse, perhaps with some unusual vocal filters (thru an AM radio or overflanged a la Skinny Puppy).
I myself would lose the inspiration if i was composing this, as about 2 mins in, the music is "dragging." Might i suggest you pick up the anger (like Hole or Nickelback) or sink into a quieter despair (Nirvana or Pearl Jam). PM me if you'd like more ideas to flesh this song out, or collaborate if you wish. This has lots of potential, but it needs to jerk the listener around a little before it gets too depressing....:wink: