Looking for totally free IPhone library to play xm

Started by Zenon, November 02, 2010, 22:29:51

Previous topic - Next topic

Zenon

Hi , first of all congratulations for the new forum style (is the first time I see, actually I don't know since is changed  :))

I'm looking for free iphone library able to play xm, giving a look around I found only these but can play only mod.

Anyone know other library xm compliants ?

Thank you!
Xrns2XMod converter
http://xrns2xmod.codeplex.com

Saga Musix

Modizer uses libmodplug for playing XMs. libmodplug is released under the GPL. Dunno if that's free enough for you, but I doubt that you'll find any public domain libraries...
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

Zenon

Guess libmodplug should be converted to work on iphone, so a lot of work would be required (the man who's developing on iphone could disagree ).

Unless I'd find some free or cheap libraries it's better to look forward to another way :D
Xrns2XMod converter
http://xrns2xmod.codeplex.com

Saga Musix

Can you give me a reason why it should be difficult / much work? It has been done before, and the code is platform independent, so it shouldn't be too complicated.
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

Relabsoluness

Quote from: Jojo on November 02, 2010, 22:40:04libmodplug is released under the GPL.
libmodplug is public domain at least when referring to the 'libmodplug' in ModPlug for XMMS. Where is the GPL version available?

Saga Musix

I was reading somewhere that it's GPL (probably in conjunction with Unity3D), I could be wrong, though. I was just telling off the top of my head.