[Chiptune] Crashed Tears (.it/.mp3/streaming) 1st in compo

Started by LPChip, October 11, 2010, 21:51:05

Previous topic - Next topic

LPChip

I've created this tune for a competition held here at Modplug Central. It easily won as all competators voted me 1st place.

The inspiration for this song was a recent crash on modplug (at the time of this competition, which actually was in 2005). This song is still one of my most favorite songs I made so far and I hope you like it as well. :)

Module: http://files.lpchip.nl/lpchip/Crashed%20Tears.zip
MP3/Streaming: http://8bc.org/music/LPChip/Crashed+Tears/

I thought it would be cool to have this song in my profile as well because it still is a very good song. :)
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs

kit beats

Damn i love those chip sounds. you really bringed this song down to earth again LPChip. I mean 0:43 8) ..or the part from 1:35, it just popped my ears.
"get the piece sounding pristine." - KrazyKats
..Like this one, definatly got the Sam Zen
individuality in it... - Asharin

LPChip

I'm glad you love the song.

I'm not entirely sure what you mean by that I brought the song down to earth, but I suppose I'm glad I did. :P

I hope you make a full recovery from your popped ears. :nuts:
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs

TennMusMakerAdam

I'm not into the techno kind of music, but this was very good.

LPChip

Luckily, this is not techno. This is Chiptune music. OldSkool Chiptunes are not near what techno or any other dance music is. But nowadays, People make dance tunes, and techno and other kinds of styles, use chiptune sounds and some arps, and suddenly, they call it chiptunes. This is obviously a wrong conclusion by them, but it seems to become generally accepted or something...

I'm glad you do like the song. :)

Tony

LPChip

Quote from: "Tony"Good job LPChip! Its great! :D

mrvegas

I think this is my favorite tune of yours.  Everything comes together perfectly.  I really like this one.

kit beats

"get the piece sounding pristine." - KrazyKats
..Like this one, definatly got the Sam Zen
individuality in it... - Asharin

LPChip

Great that both of you like it. :)

And thanks for the heads up. :)

chiptuneboi

Beautiful chiptune song! I remember this song catching my attention on DI Radio, and I screenshotted it and haven't had a chance to review my pics and follow through with downloading it. Thank you SIR for this :D

LPChip

Quote from: chiptuneboi on September 16, 2012, 14:16:39
Beautiful chiptune song! I remember this song catching my attention on DI Radio, and I screenshotted it and haven't had a chance to review my pics and follow through with downloading it. Thank you SIR for this :D

:D You're welcome. :)