[Alternative House] Urbentrance/Back Alley(mp3)

Started by Harbinger, September 17, 2010, 16:07:38

Previous topic - Next topic

Harbinger

A collaboration of styles between myself and ToB. I began the first part (Urbentrance) in October 2008, but never could find a way to complete it. The original IT track used the "Devil Inside" VSTi, but i lost the settings and could never get the sound back. I later updated the track late last year, used some M1 sounds and it seemed to become a little more interesting, but still i couldn't find an appropriate ending (the chord progressions wouldn't settle). Still, it was somewhat of a learning piece for me, as i learned to cut beats and be a little more gung-ho with the rhythmic structure.
In November 2009, ToB independently created the second part, Back Alley (which lay on her computer as simply "Theme1"). In an effort to clean up the files of old tracks, she found it again, tweaked it, and told me it would be perfect as the back end of a song. I checked a little and we both agreed, this little piece of DnB could go with Urbentrance, even though they were completely different in style. We recorded them separately and i brought them together in post.

I can't just say it's mine because ToB really contributed about half the work. Plus i have to assign it to Tassel of Blue because it's more her type of music, as Aeon is supposed to be a bit more traditional art rock. But she doesn't want to put it on her album as that is not the direction she's going musically. So she agreed to share it with some of our colleagues on the forums.

Go here to download, but please mind the license.