[Electronic] DS-10 Construction (.mp3/youtube)

Started by LPChip, September 16, 2010, 20:04:59

Previous topic - Next topic

LPChip

This can very well be my best Korg DS-10 song. One of the things that I have in this song that I haven't had before is an insane good quality. The bass is really deep and the high parts are very crisp too. I build a very chill setting here, almost hiphop like. And if you think it can't be better, a very nice lead makes you think again.

I hope you enjoy this song as much as I do listening and making it.

If you want the mp3 version for off-line listening, feel free to get it here:

MP3: http://files.lpchip.nl/lpchip/LPChip%20-%20DS-10%20Construction.mp3

Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q0cL0Kx5kFw

Song Length: just under 6 minutes
Filesize on the mp3 download, slightly over 11 mb. (yes, hq 320k bitrate)
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs

Tony

LPChip

"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs

uncloned

LPChip

Quote from: "uncloned"can I just say "awesome"?

Yup :)

Thanks and glad you like it. :)

KrazyKatz

Dude, you going to scare the newbies away with this stuff...

They'll be, "What the... I'll never be able to compose like that, I may as well just give up while I can..."

Love the way your chipness come through. Looks like you are aiming for the crown to be king of chip tunes.

Great stuff. Never fail to please.
Sonic Brilliance Studios
http://www.sonicbrilliance.com

LPChip

Quote from: "KrazyKatz"Dude, you going to scare the newbies away with this stuff...

They'll be, "What the... I'll never be able to compose like that, I may as well just give up while I can..."

Love the way your chipness come through. Looks like you are aiming for the crown to be king of chip tunes.

Oh boy... And then I have to think about my newest unreleased song which is even better (IMHO of course) than this.

LPChip

Oh god, I made a rookie mistake...

I have recorded everything in mono. Yes, this song can be even better.

I have updated the link now with a stereo version.

If you have downloaded the song before reading this post, download it again for a stereo version.

Its available here: http://files.lpchip.nl/lpchip/LPChip%20-%20DS-10%20Construction.mp3

Inavon

Quote from: "KrazyKatz"Dude, you going to scare the newbies away with this stuff...

LPChip certainly scared me away! :oops: (I'll continue using MPT, don't worry.):D Actually, I think this song will get newbies thinking "Wow! MPT can do this much! I'd better learn how to use it right now!" That's what I'm thinking myself.

LPChip, you are incredible at using samples! I hope that sometime in some years, I'll be able to do that.

EDIT: Heheh... I just realized that this wasn't made with MPT. :oops: Failed to read the description completely.
I have no sig—wait, what this?

LPChip

I could easily create this in OpenMPT too though. But I would use VSTi's instead of samples. The difference is, that this piece is even more remarkable because of the big limitations the DS-10 has. :)

kit beats

great instruments, mix, and innovative..didnt know thats the ds-10.

this tune is gangster hahaH 8) Awesome!
"get the piece sounding pristine." - KrazyKats
..Like this one, definatly got the Sam Zen
individuality in it... - Asharin

kit beats

kit beats

Quote from: "Samplekit"hahah..supercool again

psishock

don't mind Samplekit guys, he is apparently heavily stoned today. :)
I'm as calm as a synth without a player.  (Sam_Zen)

kit beats

Quote from: "psishock"don't mind Samplekit guys, he is apparently heavily stoned today. :)

peace my brother :lol: