[Rock?] Industrial Cherrywood8 (.mp3) comment

Started by SolaceEternal, August 07, 2010, 03:37:14

Previous topic - Next topic

SolaceEternal

I appologize up front, because I literally have no idea what to label this as. If someone could point me in the right direction, I'd be greatful, heh.

Um, hi. I'm new to this. Kinda.

I've been messing with modplug for about six or seven years now, so to speak,  mostly just messing around with old game music; snes, nes, gameboy, so on. That is something I have no intention of posting, as it consisted largely of merely swapping out calculator music with the horde of samples I've accumulated, and I rarely if ever strayed from the original versions. [Aside from videogame remixes having been done to death, lol.]

Anyway, last may, I basically suddenly found myself able to make stuff from scratch. This song is a result. It is intended to loop, though it naturally loops poorly as an mp3, and it is intended to be a friend's character's stage's theme for a game I've been working on.

TL;DR I pulled this outta my butt a month after legitimately making an attempt at writing stuff from scratch, and I'd like to get an opinion from people who actually know what they're doing. :B

Sound effects from freesound.org, samples used are from basically everywhere.

http://www.box.net/shared/s14j5v3q50
coherancy is the enemy

uncloned

I'd say progressive rock and pretty good for a first try.

There is a guy on Traxinspace that does a lot of work like this - prog rock game music.

http://www.traxinspace.com/profile/gilgamesh

Saga Musix

It suffers from the "hello I'm a 15 years old piano sample" disease, but apart from that the tune is rather nice.
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

SolaceEternal

Quote from: "uncloned"I'd say progressive rock and pretty good for a first try.

There is a guy on Traxinspace that does a lot of work like this - prog rock game music.

http://www.traxinspace.com/profile/gilgamesh

Lol, thank you. And thank you for the referal.

Quote from: "Jojo"It suffers from the "hello I'm a 15 years old piano sample" disease, but apart from that the tune is rather nice.

If memory serves, that instrument [in the samples sense] was obtained at kiarchive, so probably so, heh. My resources in regards to obtaining samples is rather limited, and also appears to be shrinking, considering the aforementioned site is resulting in a 404 as of late. Also, thanks.
coherancy is the enemy

Saga Musix

You might want to check out the ModArchive Waveworld collection if you haven't done so yet. There are also a few multisampled piano instruments in that pack.
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

SolaceEternal

Quote from: "Jojo"You might want to check out the ModArchive Waveworld collection if you haven't done so yet. There are also a few multisampled piano instruments in that pack.

Y'know, I've been lookin' for somethin' like this, haha. Dialup be damned, I am downloading this immediately.
coherancy is the enemy

Saga Musix

Quote from: "SolaceEternal"Y'know, I've been lookin' for somethin' like this, haha. Dialup be damned, I am downloading this immediately.
If you want to be quick, force your torrent client to leave out the mp3 part of the archive - it's just the same samples, but mp3 instead of wav (so they sound worse).

SolaceEternal

Quote from: "Jojo"
Quote from: "SolaceEternal"Y'know, I've been lookin' for somethin' like this, haha. Dialup be damned, I am downloading this immediately.
If you want to be quick, force your torrent client to leave out the mp3 part of the archive - it's just the same samples, but mp3 instead of wav (so they sound worse).

I'd love to, but there's only the zip file being torrented; there's no individual files. Is there a method I'm unaware of that lets you download specific files inside of a zip?
coherancy is the enemy

Saga Musix

Oh, sorry, I mixed something up - I thought that there were two zips!