[Trance] Sunset (mp3, ogg, FLAC, AAC, ALAC)

Started by Inavon, August 06, 2010, 00:58:54

Previous topic - Next topic

Inavon

I took a long time to make this song, mainly because I was having problems balancing the sounds and tediously tweaking knobs. I still think some things are too loud and others too soft, but it's a big accomplishment for me.
http://trancefreak.bandcamp.com/track/sunset
I have no sig—wait, what this?

mrvegas

The effort shows.  This is really cool, and I usually find trance painfully boring.  Nice introduction.

Harbinger

Notes as i'm listening:

Interesting opening bars, but the intro is too disjoined from the rest of the song. I love the bass line and the chord progression when the beat gets going, and the timbres (esp the pad) swaddle my ears. Reprising the intro melody now makes sense of the beginning, but i still say the stitching could be better at the start. At 3:50 the beat goes away, but fortunately the dancing can continue since the beat is allowed to continue with staccato notes and excellent Delay technique. Only problem is, it goes too long without the kick and bass line. Are you gonna make us move or not? A good bass line feeds energy into EDM and anyone dancing into it. If you're gonna take it away, it shouldn't disappear for 2 mins.! :)

Other than that, the song is good for mind-roaming. Nice de-layering at the end too.