[DUPE] Time Signature Changes

Started by bvanoudtshoorn, August 23, 2008, 11:18:13

Previous topic - Next topic

bvanoudtshoorn

It'd be great if it were possible to change the time signature dynamically within tracks, perhaps with an effect. In other words, I want to be able to rows/beat and rows/measure values whilst the track is playing automatically.

psishock

hmmm, aren't we have Txx and Axx for dynamical time based manipulations? Halving or doubling the tempo example can do exactly what halving and doubling the "rows/beat" will do.
I'm as calm as a synth without a player.  (Sam_Zen)

bvanoudtshoorn

Yes, but I often change time signatures. For example, I'll move from 6/8 to 4/4 to 7/8 to 2/4... :)

Take a look at my track "Perdition" to see what I mean. The time signature changes quite a bit.

psishock

Think i'm getting it now. The example was really intense and enjoyable. =)
I'm as calm as a synth without a player.  (Sam_Zen)

LPChip

What I usually do is just changing the pattern size and the rows/beat from the general setup. The song itself doesn't change but it makes it much easier to work with different time signatures. You can also use the speed/tempo commands if necessary.
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs

bvanoudtshoorn

That's what I do to, LP, but it gets *really* annoying, *really* quickly. Especially when you're moving around a lot, and tend to use the PgUp and PgDown keys a lot. :/

Saga Musix

Closing this one, as it's the same request as this, and I certainly like the idea of per-pattern time signatures a lot more than introducing yet another pattern command. It's slightly more restrictive, but it doesn't waste another two precious pattern commands and I don't see a point in changing the signature midway in a pattern. I would imagine that people would use those commands only at the beginning of patterns anyway.
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.