[Trance] Argentum (mp3, FLAC, online) My first song

Started by Inavon, July 31, 2010, 20:21:59

Previous topic - Next topic

Inavon

This is my first song, named "Argentum" after someone called "SiLver Dj." I got inspiration from him. I need a lot more effects in this song, and the beginning and end are boring, but I figure that I'll have a solution to that sometime. Here's the link: http://trancefreak.bandcamp.com/track/argentum
I have no sig—wait, what this?

jmkz

Hey! it's very nice for me, and a lot much better than my first published song I like the melody!  :D

Harbinger

Notes as i'm listening:

Excellent stereotype of the genre! Hard quick beat, lots of filter work, some melodic content (though just a little uninspired and simplistic). I see an attempt to keep the beat, but to have included in a dance rotation, you gotta keep either the bass line or the kick going. (In the future try alternating the rhythmic structure of the Kick/Snare combo. And don't leave the pulse of the song too early.)
When the beat picks up again, we like the development, but it's way too short. Really string it out, and don't be afraid to just repeat. (Repetition builds tension towards a resolution.) Composing on MPT is so easy (esp. in the MPTM format with PCEs) that you can duplicate patterns and change channel events quickly, and really develop strong themes.

But you definitely have a talent for this genre, and i implore you to develop your skills and then your own sound. Your sound is not amateurish, but it seems like you have ADD -- you start and end ideas quickly. My own advice is to listen to all kinds of electronic genres, even stuff by Sam_Zen and uncloned -- i've found some of their strange timbres and song structures can load my bin full of inspiration!

We're keeping this in our Background rotation, and we'll put it into our Dance rotation if you develop it to something like a DJ mix. Keep at it and keep sharing! :D