RSS feeds for Not Only Music

Started by uncloned, July 09, 2010, 23:57:46

Previous topic - Next topic

uncloned

If you use RSS feeds here is the feed for the microtonal forum at www.notonlymusic.com

http://notonlymusic.com/board/feed.php?f=23

For non-micro music

http://notonlymusic.com/board/feed.php?f=4

Information for creation or shared video / music / software

http://notonlymusic.com/board/feed.php?f=5

Louigi Verona

I thought a couple of years ago you wanted to make this a music portal. Did you change plans?

uncloned

I don't think I understand your question = can you re-phrase it?

Louigi Verona

"not only music" was planed to be a music portal for artists. for a very long time it remains simply as a forum. is any further development planned?

uncloned

yes

and as far as a forum - it is a lot more than the typical forum.

Louigi Verona

uncloned

Paul Legovitch

Hi, your url is mispelled in your signature... notonlumusic.com ;)

TheEagle

Well, Mr. Uncloned, without wanting to offend you but I think it's not good that you do advertising here for your forum (apart from your signature).

Just my humble opinion...

I wonder what the modplug moderators think about it.

LPChip

We never stopped advertising for fellow forummates. We only stop advertisements made by automated programs (bots) and people that act like one.

And of course when someone advertise for illegal content, we stop it too.
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs

Louigi Verona

Quote from: "TheEagle"Well, Mr. Uncloned, without wanting to offend you but I think it's not good that you do advertising here for your forum.

I hate that kind of mentality. Why shouldn't people be allowed to advertise their projects? I seriously don't get it.

Saga Musix

Quote from: "Louigi Verona"
Quote from: "TheEagle"Well, Mr. Uncloned, without wanting to offend you but I think it's not good that you do advertising here for your forum.

I hate that kind of mentality. Why shouldn't people be allowed to advertise their projects? I seriously don't get it.
LPChip summed it up nicely, though we're not just talking about bots here: Would you like to have people that never heard of trackers or the demoscene advertise their commercial albums on modplug central (it has happened several times)? Do you want random people to promote their even more random website on modplug central? Now, do you still not get why people in general are allowed to advertise?
Of course unclosed is neither a random person, nor promoting his next commercial album, so this is OK of course.
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

uncloned

Quote from: "Paul Legovitch"Hi, your url is mispelled in your signature... notonlumusic.com ;)

Thanks Paul!

Its fixed.

uncloned

Quote from: "TheEagle"Well, Mr. Uncloned, without wanting to offend you but I think it's not good that you do advertising here for your forum (apart from your signature).

Just my humble opinion...

I wonder what the modplug moderators think about it.

Besides my thanking LPchip and Jojo's support there are a couple contributions to modplug that perhaps you are not considering.

1. I'm host a large number of music files for modplug - and recently stated >106 gigs of traffic from those files have been pulled from my server.

2. I host other materials for modplug - like the ongoing help manual that Harbinger has been working on - and a few other pieces of music by modplug members.

3. I've offered my forum as a place to host your (and any other MP artist) music to post to modplug forum.

4. By offering RSS feeds I am not trying to pull traffic from modplug - all I'm doing is giving a means to easily keep track of what happens at NotOnlyMusic. You need to consider that most of the people who post at NOM do not post at MP - and most of the people who post at MP don't post at NOM.

5. In my understanding the ethic of the module scene is cooperation - while I only rarely compose in OMPT now I still strongly feel part of the tracker community -- the only other community that comes close is my affiliation to the microtonality community.  Back on track here - in that spirit of cooperation I host modplug related material for free and out of respect - as far as I'm concerned I'm giving back.

Does that make anymore sense?

And lastly I have posted links to what I consider to be exceptional modplug music to my own forums and have suggested my colleagues post here as well as me.

TheEagle

Quote from: "Louigi Verona"I hate that kind of mentality.
*sigh* Sure, sure... ::)
But, as you know, hate leads to the dark side of the force. Seriously, I think there is no reason to freak out.

@uncloned:
I know what you did. And I also know that you never have missed an opportunity to demand gratitude from us.
Sometimes while reading some of you posts I thought "Hell, what shall we do? What does he expect from us? Shall we fall on our knees, or what??"
And if somebody dared to express the -slightest- critics, he was asked if the only thing he could do is "complaining". Really nice....

Well, however, I think it's time for me to go now.

Bye everybody....