Possibly Very Dumb Question

Started by landslidepurist, March 10, 2006, 07:04:00

Previous topic - Next topic

landslidepurist

Hello there. I have just tried searching for a previous topic on this subject but cannot find anything. Sorry if this is an obvious question.

I cannot get any vst instruments to work in mod plug. The ones that load up either do not make a difference to the sound or mute the current sound.

I have been using the last non-open source version. Various vst effects work fine, but not the instruments.  

Please help ( and once again sorry if this question is retarded ).

rewbs

Hi! To get VSTis to work with the non OS version, you need to create an empty instrument and assign that instrument to a MIDI channel, assign the VSTi to a pattern channel and play the instrument in that channel. The ones that mute the sound are not handled correctly bye the non-OS version, but should work in the OS version.

With the OS version you just need to assign the VSTi to the instrument (in the instrument panel) and you can play it anywhere. Why not pick up the OS version? ;)

I should get into the habit of ansering these questions right in the wiki...

landslidepurist

thanks for your reply.

I've just got the OS version and it's tonnes better.

Thanks a lot!

LPChip

What OS did you used? ME, XP? :lol: ok, sorry lame joke :P
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs