[rock-ballad] Losing A Friend (mp3)

Started by TheEagle, June 07, 2010, 10:46:46

Previous topic - Next topic

TheEagle

Hi everybody.

After almost nine weeks of (musical-)abstinence I finally found some time to "work" last weekend.
The result of this little session is -again- a ballad-type rock-song (sorry, Mr. Noth :wink:) with the title:

Losing A Friend

I hope you'll like it...

Greetings,
TheEagle

Nahkranoth

No way I will feel sorry for this, downloading :D

Oliwerko

First of all, I really like I found a song of this kind that's longer than ~4 minutes and features no vocals.

Second, apart from a few moments in the first part when I expected a different note to be played at places (but that's me, you know) I liked the melodies.

Third, while the beginning made me think 'this is very nice' about the sound itself, when the melodies built up it sounded slightly muddy. But as I said, only slightly, it's not an issue, I just felt a there's lack in the highs and too much in the lows. Similarly, the guitar sound begins to sound like a pure saw after some two seconds of playing which bugged me a little.

Overall, it's a very nice composition. I like the progression, there's always something new in the next few seconds than there was in the previous ones.

Well done!
I am not afraid of death.
I am afraid of murder.

TheEagle

@Oliwerko:

I'd love to create a song with vocals, but I'm bad in writing lyrics and even worse in singing.... :wink:
And I know, I still have problems with the EQ-ing.

@both: Thank you for listen and the comments, guys.... :)

Oliwerko

Quote from: "TheEagle"@Oliwerko:

I'd love to create a song with vocals, but I'm bad in writing lyrics and even worse in singing....

Welcome to the club  :wink:
I would have no problems with writing lyrics, I write poetry quite a lot, but both singing and the technical side of it is unthinkable  ::)
I am not afraid of death.
I am afraid of murder.

Nahkranoth

At first I figured that my response would be just the same as always. So I'll write only what differs from my previous comments on your tunes :lol:
I like it more than the others, maybe because it's more lively? Anyway, good guitar work and solid composition.

Ah, the part starting at ~1:30 made me wanna drink a couple of beers with you :D That's what I was talking about so many times, I wanted to hear just THAT! :D
And still missing vibratos :( But I don't care much as long as there is this riffing :twisted:

TheEagle

Quote from: "Nahkranoth"Ah, the part starting at ~1:30 made me wanna drink a couple of beers with you :D That's what I was talking about so many times, I wanted to hear just THAT!
*LOL* I wish you had told me earlier...I had delivered riffs over riffs... :D

Anyway, thanks for the comment. I'm glad you like it...