1.18.00.00 Quick Cursor Paste Auto Repeat shortcut?

Started by Harbinger, April 10, 2010, 18:09:19

Previous topic - Next topic

Harbinger

Full Version:
OpenMPT v1.18.00.00

Has the bug occured in previous versions? If yes, please specify version(s): Not sure.

Description of the bug: Could not get the "Quick cursor paste Auto Repeat" toggle to work, mainly because the description is short and i couldn't figure out really what it was for. I tried pressing and holding the spacebar after applying a Quick-copied paste in the Pattern Editor and that did nothing. What does this do? Is it obsolete?

How often does it happen?: Always?

How to reproduce (step by step description): Create/open a track. Make sure this function has a keyboard shortcut assigned. Try to make it work in the Pattern editor...

Saga Musix

This functionality indeed seems to be lost in OpenMPT. I guess it was (accidentally?) removed with the introduction of the new keyboard handler. I don't know how much work it would be to add it again, so I'll leave this report open for now.

EDIT: I think that the "quick copy" and "quick paste" shortcuts are supposed to do this now. Can anyone confirm this?
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

Saga Musix

OK, found out what this is now, after having a short look at the original MPT 1.16 code.

- ENTER copied a note into quickpaste memory.
- SPACE pasted it.
- You still have those two shortcuts now, but they can be redefined.
-  This option equals the "on hold" option that you can assign to every shortcut these days.
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

Harbinger

So whaddaya think? Perhaps if the version is new, the shortcut should be omitted from the "official" list? I'm wondering if i should write it up in the OHM as an obsolete feature... :?

Saga Musix

Well, as said - the feature is still there. But the "pattern option" does not work anymore and will be removed, naturally. It was just left there for no reason.

Saga Musix

Please confirm that this is fixed in OpenMPT 1.18.02.00. You may close this thread yourself then (edit first post and set the status in the topic title to S=C).